58. Metamorphosis

INT. 425 WATERMAN - NIGHT

Sam and Josh walked a man towards the door when Dean opened it, causing Sam and Josh to stop in their tracks. Dean looked quite angry.

"So... Anything you wanna tell me, Sam? How 'bout you, Josh?" Dean questioned.

Sam and Josh looked innocent and Ruby stood behind them, watching Dean who walked towards them.

"Dean, hold on," Sam said. "Just let me or Josh-"

Dean cut him off. "You gonna say, "let me or Josh explain"? You two are gonna explain this? How about this? Why don't you start with who she is, and what the hell is she doing here?"

He looked at his brothers hard while Sam and Josh turned back and looked at Ruby who looked completely calm and smiled.

"It's good to see you again, Dean," Ruby commented.

"Ruby?" She smiled a little and Dean looked back at his brothers. "Is that Ruby?"

Sam and Josh didn't respond and Dean looked at Ruby again, whose smile was fading. After a moment, Dean grabbed hold of her and shoved her up against the wall. He pulled out her knife.

As Dean was about to strike, Sam and Josh grabbed his hands and yelled, "Don't!"

The brothers struggled for the knife. Sam got it out of Dean's hand into his own just as Dean threw him up against the wall. Josh pushed Sam back just before Ruby grabbed Dean and pinned him against the wall he'd had her against seconds earlier.

"Ruby! Stop it!" Sam and Josh cried.

Ruby stared into Dean's eyes and kept a chokehold with her right hand while he stared back, angry. Finally she let go and he rose to his full height.

Dean looked at Sam and Josh, then Ruby before saying, "Well, aren't you an obedient little bitch?"

Ruby didn't respond, but it was clear she wanted to attack him again.

"Ruby," Sam called. She stared at Dean for a few moments, then looked at Sam. "Ruby, he's hurt." He and Josh indicated the man who'd been possessed. "Go."

She gave Dean one more look before turning and walking towards the man. As Dean watched her, she put the man's arm over her shoulder, ready to leave.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Dean demanded.

"The ER... unless you want to go another round first," Ruby replied.

Dean said nothing and Ruby walked out with the man. Dean turned to look at Sam and Josh who were watching him.

"Dean," Sam and Josh called as Dean walked to the door he came through, leaving them behind. "Dean!"

INT. MOTEL ROOM - DAY

Sam was sitting at the table, reading a book. Josh was sitting across from him, texting Piper. The Impala pulled up outside and Dean entered a few moments later. Dean didn't look at his brothers as he walked right into the room. Sam and Josh had gotten out of their chairs the minute Dean had entered. Dean grabbed his bag and began packing his stuff.

Sam walked towards his brother. "Dean, what are you doing?" Dean ignored him and continued packing. "What are you, are you leaving?"

"You two don't need me," Dean replied. "You two and Ruby go fight demons." He grabbed his bag and started for the door. Sam and Josh stood in the way so Dean had to go around them.

"Hold on," Sam said. "Dean, come on, man."

Dean turned and punched his brothers in the face with his right hand, one after the other. Sam and Josh whirled around from the force. Dean watched them as they turned back.