Chapter - 2 "To save a Life"

[Words Count: 2622]

Laura Lewis

"Hello, Dr. Katie!" He greeted me calmly.

"How are you?" He asked while offering the water to me.

"Why the hell am I here?" I ignored the water bottle he offered.

"And what Dr. Katie?"

"I am not Dr. Katie."

I yell in desperation having lots of questions for him. Why am I here? Why did he kidnap me? And why the hell he is thinking that I am a Dr. Katie? Although I would love to be called Dr. Katie in general but not in this situation. Not here, when I am tied with rope and cannot even move. When my mouth is shut and when I see two handsome men with their guns in their pockets, not in this situation, please. Am I dreaming? If I am, then I need to wake up.

"Wake up Laura!" I whispered in a tense mood.

"What?" He snaps yelling.

"Oh great! This is not a dream." I said sarcastically taunting my thoughts.

"What did you say?" He asks.

"I don't know, why are you looking for Dr. Katie but I can assure you, I am not Dr. Katie."

I replied calming myself as I felt a little relief thinking, they might have kidnapped the wrong person and they would let me go.

He chuckles..... "That's a nice trick! Whenever someone is kidnapped they try to act like we have made some mistake."

A very nice and old trick." He says adding it with a smile.

"I am not lying.... trust me! I am not Dr. Katie." I again calmed myself trying not to lose my control. I have to keep this patience to survive.

After listening to me he wipes off his grin from his face. He looked at the other man who was standing right beside him. They looked at each other for a while sharing that tense and confused look. It seems like they are having a conversation face-to-face without moving their lips. Come on man! Who does that?

"Hello"

"Earth to kidnapper!"

I yelled. They both stopped looking at each other and started to glare towards me.

"I am not Dr. Katie! I can prove that."

I said in a panic as I could see that they were not believing me. I need to make them trust me, will they?

"How would you prove?" He asked.

"I have my ID card in my pocket." I trembled.

"Open her hands!" He says to Clay, glancing at the rope tied on my hands.

He soon opened my hand and I reached into my pocket realizing that I was wearing Dr. Katie's coat. Shit! That's the reason they are thinking that I am Dr. Katie. And with that realization, I found that I don't have my ID card with me.

I panicked.....

"I think, it's in another pocket." I started to tremble.

My hands were shaking, and I reached the other side of my pocket in search of my ID card.

He noticed, my hand trembling and concluded that I didn't have an ID card.

He immediately tells his men to tie back my hands.