𝗳 𝗼 𝘂 𝗿

ANTOINE
"i can't wait till i can turn over and kiss you good morning instead of sending a text"

~isla~

"YOU WHAT?!" sofia yells, catching the attention of many other bystanders in the cafe. she smacks her hand over her mouth after realizing how unexpectedly loud she was.

"quiet down, would you?" i cover my face in embarrassment and carlos starts to rapidly tap my shoulder, leaning across the table. i sigh and look up at him. "what carlos?"

"your getting married?" he asks for confirmation, completely shocked. i roll my eyes and throw my head back against the leather booth we are situated in.

"kinda."

"you cant get married, we havent even met this man before, let alone heard of him!" sophia slams her hands against the table as she speaks, confusion etched in her features. alejandro pinches my arm from beside me and i turn to glare at him. he's grinning at me with this goofy smile that makes the corners of my lips tilt upwards.

when i was younger i used to have the biggest crush on alejandro. his radiant smile, his floppy hair, and his golden retriever personality drew me to him in ways that i couldn't even explain to myself.

except after years of secretly longing for the touch of my best friend, i realized that someone as beautiful as ale, would never feel the same for the girl he saw as his younger sister.

it took me almost six months for my heart to stop rapidly beating against my chest when his fingertips would brush against me in the slightest ways, but i got over him. i have always had a soft spot for the boy, but luckily i realized not everything revolves around a guy in my life.

"i can't believe you're getting married before any of us, and you're the youngest." it's weird for me to imagine myself getting married to someone, especially to someone i've only known for a couple days.

last night i barely slept because my head was too loud with thoughts. the bad ideas bounced around in my skull, reminding me how absolutely absurd this all was. my stomach twisted into knots at just the thought of me in a traditional wedding dress.

as sofia, carlos, and alejandro continued to spit questions out about my mysterious fiancé, i start to zone out. i hold my chin in my palm, nodding along with whatever sofia was saying.

the door to the café flew open so quickly it made me flinch backwards, enough for the rest of my friends to notice. i watched the back of the man who made such a ruckus as he makes a bee line towards the pick up counter.

his back muscles move vigorously against the tight fabric of his shirt. he is wearing a dark blue matching set paired with slightly stained white socks and slides. his floppy blonde hair vaguely reminds me of a little puppy.

he picks up two coffees and sends a quick wink to the waiter, who giggles and blushed. he turns around and starts walking towards the door. the guy looks so familiar and i couldn't take my eyes off his, even when his eyes met mine briefly.

he stopped in his tracks, his eyebrows narrowing together. our eyes stayed trained on each others for what felt like ages, the identity of the man sitting on the tip of my tongue.

his eyes are absolutely beautiful and i had myself finding it very difficult to look away. the man cranes his neck slightly to check out the window before speed walking towards me and slipping into the seat next to me.

surprised, i scoot over closer towards alejandro to make room for the unknown presence. "you're isla." he deadpans, pointing a finger towards me.

i seem to completely forget my friends sitting in the chairs next to me as i stare into his crystal eyes. "yeah." he looks so familiar but i just can't seem to recall who the gorgeous man is. as i ponder on his identity, i realize this complete stranger knows my name and i screw my eyebrows together in confusion. "and you are?"