𝘁 𝗲 𝗻

HARD LAUNCH
"i will look for you in every lifetime until we finally stay"

~isla~

"isla." i groan and roll over as sofia taps, actually more like slams, her fist into my shoulder aggressively. "get up bitch, joaos here!"

at the mention of joaos name i jolt forward and crane my head to glare at her in disbelief. "what!" my jaw drops in betrayal as i practically leap out of bed and run towards my mirror to fix up my terrible morning hair.

"i thought you didn't like him?" sofia smirks from behind me as our eyes meet in the mirror.

"shut up." i comb my fingers through my knotted locks and sigh, turning around to face my bestfriend. "wait are you being for real?"

"yes isla, why would i lie?" she dramatically flips her hair and jumps back onto my bed, pulling the duvet over her body and grabbing the ice cream tub from the bed side table. "now, go see your man." she winks, as the doorbell rings.

i roll my eyes as i quickly grab a pair of socks and start to pull them on the best i can as i maneuver my way down the stairs. i jog down the long hallway that leads to the front door but slow down as i approach and calm myself.

"okay, don't freak him out." i mumble to myself as i smack my forehead a couple times lightly, hopefully knocking some sense into myself. i pull the door open and as i expected, joaos standing on the other side.

he's wearing an athletic pullover jacket with his team logo on it, shorts and tennis shoes. his hair looks freshly washed and his face lights up when he sees me. he is looking too good for a girl who just woke up not even five minutes ago.

his eyes rake over my figure and a smirk crosses his lips. from the low waisted sweatpants and small tank top i'm wearing, i think it's brutally obvious that i just rolled out of bed, but joão doesn't seem to mind and just laughs lightly. he hands me a small bag that i didn't even realize he was holding.

"oh you didn't have to bring me anything." i smile as i open the door wider, inviting him in even if it's only for a couple minutes.

"yes i did." his hands wrap around my hips from the back to slightly move me out of the way so he can walk around me towards the kitchen. his soft touch lingers on the bare skin of my hips for much longer than i want to admit.

my skin burns in agony for his touch, almost begging for his fingers to trail across my soft skin once more. i can't explain the way i'm currently feeling with my brain, but i think the way my body is reacting, says everything it needs too.

i follow him into the kitchen slowly, leaning back on the island as he stands opposite of me with a cheeky smirk. "open it." he motions towards the bag and i pull out the red wrapping paper.

i turn around so i can set the bag on the counter while i pull whatever it is inside out. i can feel joão hovering over me, the soft fabric of his shirt feeling warm against the bare skin on my back.

his presence makes me nervous for some reason and i pull the present out of the bag quicker so i can run away and stop feeling this weird feeling in my stomach.

i already suspected what it would be, and when i pull it out i prove myself right. it's his jersey.

not gonna lie, the design is god awful. it's white with weird red stripes all over it. it's actually ugly, and i have to bite my lip to stop myself from letting out a disgusted groan. but then i turn it around where his number and name are, and i realize that's the only thing that matters.