Chapter 20 "I'll Learn For You"

Todoroki watched Katsuki going into the car however instead of feeling sad or calm he felt his anger flaring up, how could he not? He willingly talked with a stranger and yet he couldn't hold a conversation with his lover? Shoto wanted to curse him out but found no words could form.

"Shoto I thought I told you to slow down!" his older brother shouted at him gently smacking his head. "Gee I know you think I'm športy but come on! Who was that blond anyway? Classmate?"

"my boyfriend." his brother whistled as he began pulling his brother towards the building. "He froze me out and now he won't even look at me besides a simple glance!"

"I know we don't do much together but my friend you got it bad if you're this frustrated, have you considered his feelings in the matter? Last time my friend had a girlfriend she pushed him away because she felt suffocated once he gave her space they were love birds all over again. "

"but I've been giving him nothing but space, he won't talk or even look at me unless it's a shared glance!" Natsuo could only give him a sympathetic look before petting his back.

"Listen if he doesn't want to be around it doesn't mean he hates you, I used to have a classmate who was openly gay and people didn't exactly 'understand' you see although it's not as bad as it used to be most still don't like the idea of 'same sex' couples."

"I don't follow, it doesn't affect them so why are they upset by it?" he could see his brother searching for his brother's therapist. He didn't have good answer to give him from the looks of it anyway.

"You see, people don't like what they view as 'abnormal' but the thing is you can look at other animals and see there are some same sex mates, I read about pinguins and they have similar accurances."

"they do?"

"If it wasn't misinformation yes. They adopt abandoned eggs so it's better for their species' survival" his brother turned his full attention to Shoto who could see pain in his eyes "Hey what's wrong?"

"Did they ever stop hurting your friend?"

".. It all stopped, that that day was also the last time I saw him." His brother did not need to say anything more as he understood the underlying context of the conversation to his surprise. "Shoto, you are very brave but I need you to promise me, no matter how hard life gets you can't give up. You may not believe it but what you did on TV might give others the courage and hope to push through too." Shoto looked up at his older brother before we was yanked near his slightly cooler body left him feeling warmer inside. "and if anyone gives you any problems I'll knock some sence into them for you" his grin  was reassuring as it made him believe he did nothing wrong but also things to him he had some insight on the situation from his beloved point of view.
When his therapist saw Shoto the session was a lot smoother than the earlier one since it wasn't exactly a sensitive topic for him. Instead he found himself wondering how he could fix the relationship and even trying to discuss it with the lady, he knew if he showed up to the house unannounced he would get chewed up alive and probably the door slammed in his face. If he did anything at school rumors would spread. In all honesty he was still confused as he couldn't find the answers to all his questions just yet but one thing he had figured out was that he would have to start all over building the relationship Brick by Brick. Without realizing he had broken Katsuki's Trust so it was the only reasonable thing for him to do. If he wanted things to work he couldn't ignore the problem anymore. " well done Todoroki I think we have made quite the progress for today, I can tell by the way you talk about this that boy must be in the entire world to you. It is not in my power to magically heal such wounds but I suggest you try with small attractions Don't Force an entire conversation when the wound is still fresh. If anything happens you are free to contact me the next appointment sooner if you wish."

The words of the therapist encouraged him to try he felt heard and now more determined." Do you think it's possible to fix everything even things that seem Beyond repair?"

" I believe not everything is beyond repair. This seems to still be manageable in my eyes however I only have the story from one point of view. Love is like a rose it's beautiful from the floor but if you tend to them you might get a few cuts on your hands from the thorns. They can hurt quite a lot but they are the flaws that we need to embrace however we cannot mistake them for toxic Behavior. "

".. I know this is something silly but.. how can I recognize if I'm being toxic in the relationship? " the therapist gave him a sweet smile not answering immediately as they wanted to give him time to think about that question instead of letting everything be handed to him.

" I think that's a question you will have to learn on your own if you still do not know by our next session I'll give you my opinion on the matter but this is something you should be discussing with your loved one. However if you're this way with everyone I think you should know the answer" he stared at her for a few moments processing the word spoken to him. After a moment or two he walked out to the waiting room the session had cleared his mind even if it was just a little bit. "Bakugo, please wait for me"