The Unknown

Terry, Sensei Da Eun and the other of the Dojang swept the Valley, taking over Krunch Karate, Topanga Karate, and other dojos throughout the day. Meanwhile, Jessi sat working on a suit jacket for a rather influential client, worrying her bottom lip over the expectant arrival for Sensei Da Eun.

'I hope she likes it. If she doesn't... I'll have to crawl into a hole and that will just be the end of me,' her thoughts ran rampant.

"Miss Gray?" Her seamstress, Angie pulled her back to Earth, "You said you were closing early today? When were you thinking?"

Jessi sat, a deer in headlights for a moment as she processed the question, shaking her head and knocking her brain loose she chuckled nervously, "Oh, yes, I'm so sorry Angie, I was thinking about one, one-thirty."

Angie glanced at her smart watch and back to Jessi, "Soooo... Now? It's 1:20."

"Oh gosh!" Jessi exclaimed, slapping a hand over her face, "Yes, yes. Please, you ladies are more than free to go home. Thank you so much for the help today!"

Jessi shooed her helpers off, turning down her shop, making sure everything was in its place for Sensei Da Eun's arrival.

'I hope she likes it,' Jessi worried the inside flesh of her cheek as she straightened up the back room.

She wandered back out to the front just in time to see a blacked out vehicle pull in. She was here.

Jessi smiled nervously, opening the door for Kim and locking it behind them as Jessi escorted her to the back. "Would you like something to eat? Drink? I have a small array of refreshments."

Kim shook her head, "No. Thank you. I am eager to see the dress."

This only made Jessi worry her cheek and bottom lip even more. Jessi excused herself to the back room, rolling the mannequin out that was draped in Kim's dress, the petite Sensei sat with her mouth agape, in awe or aghast. Jessi would soon find out which, she rolled the mannequin to directly in front of Kim. Waiting her reply.

Kim, while quiet, her face and mouth still in a quiet shocked expression, ever so slowly walked around the mannequin, examining every last detail. Jessi stood quietly worrying herself into a puddle, watching Kim tear apart every last stitch with her eyes.

"This," Kim began, "This is perfect," she murmured, so quietly, her eyes darted to Jessi, walking swiftly over to her, Kim bowed deeply, tears brimming in her eyes, "I thank you, deeply, for this. May I?"

Jessi, still in shock from the deep bow of respect, shook herself back down to the shop, "Yes! Please. Let me take that off the mannequin for you. The dressing rooms are just over there." Jessi carefully took the dress and carefully handed the garment to Kim. As Kim shielded herself in the dressing area, Jessi sat down, letting out a deep breath she didn't realize she was holding.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket, she peeked at the text she received, from Terry, no less, 'I think she likes it, baby. Good job.' She nearly forgot about the cameras, she blushed, glancing up to the camera in the corner, smiling she blew an invisible kiss to him. The phone buzzing once more she saw the kissing face emoji with a heart leaving its lips. Kim opened the door, slowly making her way to the podium in front of the wall of mirrors.

Jessi smiled, kneeling down she smoothed the fabric around Kim's ankles, standing back up she noticed Kim had a couple tears fall down her cheeks.

"Oh! Kim, please, I have tissues, are you alright? Is something wrong with the dress? I can fix it," Jessi flustered, handing Kim a tissue. Kim kindly took the tissue, wiping her eyes, she smiled down at Jessi, and then, to her surprise, Kim pulled her into a warm embrace.