Dark Alleys

On a Friday evening, instead of going home, she went out alone. Applying some makeup and changing into a skirt and crop top and scurrying out of her car toward a crowd. This underground club spoken of only in villains circles.

She was entering The Den. One of many which required a pass code. And she had one.

Inside was showered in a blue glow. Loud dance music played. In front of her, along the east wall was the bar, the west end of the establishment fitted with stage and dance floor. The north wall lined in booths and tables. To her left were private booths.

It felt so fun to stand here, the deviance permeating the walls. A blood thirsty smirk coiled around the corner of her mouth. But there was a reason for this outing.

To the bar, get a drink, look bored. She ordered, and as she waited, leaned against the bar she peered to her left towards the booths.

Right there, right in her line of sight sat a menacing man who must have already been watching her. He sat with his arms up along the top of the booth, slouched, one leg crossed over the other. Just. Staring. His eyes pierced her.

Unease could be read on her face as she slowly leaned up and looked forward. A strange feeling moved through her.

The bartender handed her a glass, she nodded taking it and turned to her right to completely avoid that man.

Out toward the dance floor, she drank her cocktail. Whatever it was, it tasted like rubbing alcohol and vaguely of lemon. It would have to do. Her first time looking for a target, and this would have to help.

After a final gulp, there he was. As she faced the dance floor, he skulked to the left. A greaseball in a shiny purple suit. Just the greaseball she'd been looking for.

It didn't take long to get his attention. She dressed just the way his victims dressed. Her makeup was done the way theirs was. Her hair done like theirs. And her charm dazzled him. And soon enough, he escorted her through double doors behind the dance floor along the north wall.

Here, there were private rooms. She went into one with him. There, he sat. "Come on babe," he patted his lap, "right here". He smirked so naturally, she almost lost her stomach then and there. All those women's names flashed through her mind at the same moment, however, and her resolve solidified.

This was it. And he would be the first.

Being in a private room, she quit any charade. Dancing slyly to the music above, water slid around her fingers and arms. This man had a quirk, sure, but it was pathetic. The equivalent of a pocket knife to an automatic rifle. Manipulating plastic wouldn't do him any good without a head.

Around his feet, she moved puddles of water. She moved around behind his chair, back to face him and sit on his lap. In this moment, she slid the wire thin water whips wound around him up, and tightened them. Panic beset him.

"W-whats going on? You dumb bitch, you tri-!"

Pulling back, absorbing the slack of water from water whip, she pulled through his flesh in one swoop. The music kept playing. The lights kept changing.

She didn't have time for anything. The thought of fighting him if she had hesitated suddenly terrified her. He was dead, but the bits she dreamt of and yearned for were ruined. She didn't get to accuse him, spit at him, or absorb the water in his body as he writhed in pain.

Also, she just murdered a man.

She wouldn't get a chance to process the situation, either.

Screams and loud banging ripped her from her daze. She burst out the room to see people running, the music had stopped and some kind of team had begun to swarm the entrance.

She ran quickly to the back and slid through a backdoor. Cop cars sat feet away from her on the main road. There was no light over this back door, and so in this panic, no one was seeing her. Immediately turning left she ran down the alleyway.

As she reached a cross way between alleys, two shadows approached. Mean shadows.

"You runnin' from that ruckus? Bit dark down here for you, babe" A gruff voice spoke out to her. Looking down, a knife was attached to this shadow. Literally, the shadows hand was a knife blade.

The other shadow lunged out at her to attack. Blood still on her body from her first ever kill, "this is not happening", she thought. On instinct she spun around, unleashing water whip and throwing the two assailants at a wall.

Through their chests were sent her whips, which ripped open their sternum. Blood gushed out covering the ground and her legs. With her left hand outstretched, she absorbed the water from their bodies. From this, a calm lifted her.

Her eyes were wide and wild. Devoid of humanity as their blood absorbed into her skin. In seconds, she killed 2 more. Just like that.

As a child, she would absorb the blood of a raw steak when no one was looking. She couldn't help herself. But it was never this good.

The bodies fell to the ground and she completed absorbing any leftover water from these two shadows and from her first victim. As she took a last deep breath, a shuffle to her right startled her.

This shadow didn't speak, and it didn't move. "Hello" she said in a coy tone, waving her fingers toward the figure.

"So this is what you've been doing-" the figure began. Just then, loud shouts and running coming from down the alley she'd been began bounding toward her. She turned toward the shadow again, which turned casually and began to walk off. She continued quickly down the alley straight through on her original path.