Chapter 55: Wanted

Noah's POV:

You're going to find her, no matter what it takes. You're not going to fail her too.
Carriage after carriage yielded no sign of her as you pushed your gear to its limits, maneuvering the city at top speeds. Spotting Levi perched on a rooftop, you launched your anchors in his direction, landing deftly beside him.

"What do we do now?" You ask, keeping calm despite a storm of emotions forming inside of you.

Levi's gaze remained locked on the streets below.
"Did she ever mention a man to you by the name of Jet?"

You recounted her story and she did, in fact, briefly touch upon him while telling you about her solo journey here.

"Yes, why?"

"If there's anyone down here who knows everyone else's business, it's him."

"What if he isn't willing to help us?"

"He will."  His words sliced through the air with finality and in a swift motion, he launched his gear into a nearby building.

You followed him, ignoring all the violence you fly past, your focus solely on the mission at hand.
He halted between buildings, rounding a corner before entering a shop.

Inside was much nicer than you would've thought, almost luxurious compared to the filth outside. A tall man was hunched over another, shirtless man on a table in the far corner. The hum of machinery filled the room, and you were puzzled as it appeared he was using it to tattoo him.

"Levi?" He looked up from his work through a single lock of hair draped over his forehead.

"We need to talk."
Levi demanded.

"I'm a bit tied up at the moment. Haven't seen you in ages, and now you barge into my shop demanding my time?"

Levi approached him and gripped his collar, balancing the chair on its hind legs.

"You're going to tell me where (Y/N) is."

The man got up from the table and quickly put his shirt on.
"I needed a break anyway. I'll be back next week, man." And made a beeline for the door.

Jet's face fell.
"Oh no, don't tell me-"

"Tell me everything you know!" Levi shouted in his face.

"Look man, I was worried for her, I really was."

"Noah, lock the door." Levi ordered as the door thudded shut behind you.

Levi flung the chair aside, and Jet stumbled to the ground.
"Hey, I'm on your side here!" His voice angered as he regained his footing, advancing on Levi without a trace of fear, his towering figure looming over him.

Noticing the tension between the two, you decided to intervene, adopting a more diplomatic approach.

"Then please, help us," you implored. "I saw her get taken. We're certain they brought her here... Do you have any idea where they'd take her?"

Jet exhaled heavily, his gaze drifting to his right as he prepared to divulge what he knew.
"I know that there's a bounty out for her, a pretty hefty one considering she's on the surface, and rumored to be in the Scout regiment. My people don't get involved in these matters, but your best bet would be up north. Dazzle issued the bounty."