prologue

In which a girl who had just fallen in a coma, falls for someone else.. Not so existent. And this is why she'd rather not wake up to the crappy life her parents set for her, right on a silver platter.

_______________________________

.

- Riley -

.

It all ended in a whiplash, literally.

I sat in the car with my mom, yelling and arguing over the phone.. Just like always. The hard and pounding rain added onto the anger.

"You are marrying him, Riley Halston! He is everything you need and you know it!"

"He isn't like me at all mother! And I am too young to marry anyone!" I yelled. "I don't care if he's richer than this family combined, and I don't care if he owns everything I could ever need in the world, I am not in love with him." I shouted, I was never this angry until now. She was pushing it way too far, so was my father just silently watching it all happen.

I was eighteen.. Couldn't I just be left alone to live my life the way I wanted?

No of course not.. My parents want everything perfect. They want me to be a business woman and soon take my mother's place as an executive manager, and of course marry a business man, Conrad Stevens."

He was nineteen, but he acted as if he was thirty, and.. I hated it.

The last thing I wanted to do was grow up so fast.

And I bet if my parents ever found out what I actually wanted to be in the future they'd do anything in their power to prevent that.

"Don't yell at me Riley!" Mom barked over the phone, as I feel tears pool in my eyes.

"Will you let me marry who I love?"

"No the wedding papers are already set right here in front of me."

"What the hell!" I gasped. "Are you trying to sign them for me?!"

"Yes, yes I am."

I closed my eyes, stopping at a stoplight as the pounding rain made me feel much more emotionally heavier than usual.

"I wish you were never my mother, and I wish you didn't have to go through the same thing with grandma forcing you to marry dad." I say as calmly as possible, a tear leaving my eyes.

She gasped, and before she could say anything, I had stepped on the gas pedal, not realizing at the precise time that it was still a redlight.

Once I did, bright lights came from my left side and soon, a loud crash made the car spin in circles, before turning over.

My body was numb, my sight blurry as I looked down at my hands. Blood ran on them as I tried to move. I couldn't.

Before I could make anything out, nothing but a blurry image of a guy that stood on the curb with his hands in his pockets was what I saw.

Too weak, I had let go. That's maybe what should've happened a long time ago.

Darkness soon became the only companion I knew of.

.

______________________________

A/N:

This is a short book I wanted to write :)

This is inspired by the All Time Low song Painting Flowers omfg that song is beautiful

This book should end up with 10-15 chapters at the most depending where it goes, but I believe it'll be a short book

But yeah, enjoy! This is copyrighted to me sorta so if you decide to take this storyline and everything you probably shouldn't.. lol.

Ily ♡

.

- BritishBums xox