Chapter 6. Letters

Dear father,
How are you? Are you feeling well?
I've been writing letters to you since I came here, but you haven't answered any of them. Perhaps the news that your eldest daughter with a child can improve your mood. In any case, I hope you will still find some time for me.
With all my love,
Cerys

Dear sister,
Words cannot express how much I miss you. Every morning and night I ask our father for the opportunity to visit you and every time I only receive a refusal. However, I do not give up on the hope of seeing you again! I'd rather die than stop trying.
Perhaps if I had the courage and willfulness for which the Targaryens are famous, and which you inherited with our uncle, I would have the courage to ride north on my own. Like a true dragonrider.
Not a day went by that I didn't think about you, I missed you reading me the history of Valyria, I missed our games in the garden, but most of all I miss the way we stole lemon cakes from the kitchen. Or rather you stole. For me. These were the best times of my life...
With love,
Rhaenyra

My dear beautiful Nyra,
Letters from you warm me up on these cold days! I'm sure our father is just worried about you, such a long journey can negatively affect your health, you shouldn't be angry with him because of this.
I miss you every day, but I'm fine, really. My husband takes care of me, and the Starks are always happy to welcome me into their home. You have nothing to worry about!
Give my love to our mother and father,
Cerys

Princess,
It is an honor for me to congratulate you on such wonderful news as pregnancy! May the Seven be favorable to you and give you an easy birth.
Of course, the climate of King's Landing would be more favorable for you than the cold winds of the north. Largely thanks to the people who love... and look forward to you here.
Best wishes,
Lady Alicent Hightower

Dear Alicent,
I was pleasantly surprised when I received a letter from you. Thank you for all the kind words you wrote to me, I appreciate that there are still people in the Red Keep who respect me. This is the only thing that keeps me going...
Please accept my sincere condolences for your mother, she was a wonderful, wise woman. You are similar to her in many ways and I hope that this will not constrain you in the future. I know what it's like... to lose those you love. In such difficult moments it is important to take care of yourself, unfortunately I cannot sufficiently express how sorry I am, but I will gladly compensate for my absence with a small gift that you will receive along with this letter. Let this modest gift in the form of a necklace with precious stones in the signature color of your House remind you of me.
With love,
Princess Cerys Targaryen

My beloved niece,
The news of your pregnancy is spreading across Westeros like a weed. Is it truly a pity that this happened or should I congratulate you and this was the planned child? Anyway, I decided not to see my dear wife for as long as possible and I hope you don't mind my company along with the dornish wine that I'm taking with me.
I hope you and your beast will be in good health to meet your old friend.
Daemon

Dear uncle,
For your information, pregnant women should not drink wine, but you can still visit me.
Sincerely,
Cerys Targaryen

Dear nagging niece,
In this case, you are missing out on a lot, but it also has its own charm, I will get more of the sweet drink.
I hope upon my arrival you will be more talkative, because when you scold me for drinking alcohol, you begin to sound like your father. And this is not a compliment.
Daemon

Father,
It seems like I haven't seen you for ages. I wrote to you for days on end... I hope you at least open my letters and you just don't have time to answer them.
According to maesters, the pregnancy is going well, the baby should be born in four months, I would really like to return to King's Landing by this time. Just once. I won't even ask for more. I just want to see you again, I assure you that I won't cause any problems. If you let me come back, of course.
With love,
Your daughter Cerys

Your grace, my king, father...
I wrote and sent you more than seven hundred letters and received no response to any of them. Every day Rhaenyra writes to me, it helps fill the emptiness in my heart and yet I would be pleased to receive at least one letter from you. You didn't congratulate me on my eight and ten name day last year and that hit me the hardest. Today I turn nine and ten years of age and I still have the hope that you will congratulate me. It really hurts me to realize that my family doesn't see how much I have changed and how my belly has grown. The baby is come in just a few months and my request still stands.
During the entire time I have been living in the north, all the Houses, your Hand, have written to me, and Daemon even visited me several times, I am very grateful to all of them, but nothing can brighten up your absence in my life!
Even though maesters have a good prognosis for my pregnancy, my body is too young for this. You know what I'm talking about.
I would love to see you all one more time, I haven't seen Rhaenyra in years, I want to be in my sister's life. I've changed, really. This marriage and this child changed me. I humbly ask for your answer and permission to return home. I don't want to believe that this could be the last time, but... everything is the will of the gods.
Best wishes,
Cerys

My sweet girl
I am glad to inform you that I am with a child! In honor of this, your father is organizing a tournament, to which House Bolton is invited, which means you too.
He was too busy to write this to you himself, but believe me, your father is looking forward to meeting you. As are I, and so is Rhaenyra.
Love,
Mother

author's note:

This is not a real chapter, but I wanted to show
a small snippet of Cerys' life over the course of 2
years. I wanted to reveal how much she cares for
her sister and that Cerys truly loves her, protecting
Rhaenyra from the harsh truth, while with Alicent she could afford to be more open and it
breaks my heart. She knows how cruel their father
is, but Rhaenyra loves him, just as he loves her and
Cerys did not dare to destroy the bond they have

Viserys hasn't responded to any of his
firstborn daughter's letters, this is the
father she deserves 🤩🤩 (no)

In fact, I hope you noticed that Aemma
focuses specifically on the name of the house,
and not on Cerys herself, that is, Viserys didn't
even want to invite her, but since it was a holiday
where everyone was supposed to be, he had to do it.

I also didn't know exactly how to correctly
write that he missed Cerys' eighteenth birthday
according to the measuring standards of the
HOTD, so please correct me if I was wrong!!

***

Rhaenyra: Calls Cerys brave
She at the same time: afraid to come to
King's Landing without her father's knowledge
(this is a canon action, no one has the right to interfere)