Chapter-1

In a room where time seemed to drag on, a man, handsome as the devil, waited impatiently

 In a room where time seemed to drag on, a man, handsome as the devil, waited impatiently. Jeon Sang-Hoon, the wealthy CEO of Jeon Corporations, was late for a collaboration meeting with five other prominent CEOs, a meeting that he himself had arranged. The boardroom held an air of tension as the clock ticked past the scheduled time.

Then, through the door, entered a young woman of exceptional beauty. Instantly recognizable as Jeon Sang-hoon's eldest daughter, she carried herself with confidence. She owned a renowned fashion company, and today she was clad in her own designs. She apologized for her father's absence and, without hesitation, took a seat at the head of the table.

"I am so sorry I am late. I am here on behalf of my father as he cannot make it. Shall we start the meeting?"

However, not everyone in the room welcomed her presence. A businessman suddenly questioned her, "What could a woman running a fashion company bring to a serious business meeting?"

Jennie's eyes narrowed, and her jaw clenched. In an instant, she stood up defiantly.

"I may run a fashion company, but that doesn't mean I'm less knowledgeable about business matters. Fashion includes marketing, technology, and my company can offer as much as any other business representative in this room. Don't underestimate the power of a fashion company."

Taehyung, observing her with shining eyes, was captivated by her confidence. Ignoring the judgmental looks, Jennie boldly invited those with issues to leave, asserting that it would be their loss.

"As everyone heard her, stop wasting our precious time, and let's start the meeting."

Throughout the meeting, Taehyung's gaze remained fixed on Jennie. When the meeting concluded, and others left one by one, he lingered in the room, patiently waiting for Jennie, who was organizing some files.

"Aren't you going to leave, Mr. Kim?"

Taehyung, leaning against the wall, continued to gaze at her.

"You are quite impressive, Miss Jeon. I've never met a woman who can speak confidently in a room full of skeptical people."

Jennie blushed, but she maintained her composure.

"I am flattered to hear that."

Taehyung, smirking:

"Well, you are beautiful and intelligent. What can I say?"

Taehyung's compliments, different from the usual ones, sparked a unique reaction in Jennie. Playfully, she responded:

"Well, I've never met a CEO like you, Mr. Kim. You are surprising, and trust me, I've met many."

Taehyung walked closer to her, with only a table between them. Leaning in, he remarked:

"I know I am not the only one who has secrets up their sleeves."

Smirking, Jennie replied:

"Touché, Mr. Kim. I suppose we both have our secrets."

As Taehyung leaned even closer, their lips almost touched. However, before they could kiss, Jennie pulled back.

"Well, we are here to discuss the collaboration, Mr. Kim. Let's not forget the purpose of this meeting."

Taehyung, smirking:

"Of course, the collaboration, but I think this partnership will go beyond business."

Their intimate moment was interrupted by someone entering the room.

"Miss Jeon, you have a phone ca— I'm sorry; I interrupted you both."

Jennie and Taehyung straightened up, distancing themselves. Jennie reassured Soo-jin, her assistant, saying, "No Soo-jin, you didn't interrupt anything. Who is on the call?

"Your younger brother, ma'am." Jennie's assistant replied and handed the phone. Jennie answered excitedly, engaging in a conversation with her younger brother, Jungkook.

"Hey Jungkook, did you get on the plane yet?"

"I'm on the way to the airport, noona."

"Okay, I can't wait to see you tomorrow."

"Me too, noona. You have to take me, eomma, and appa to dinner."

"Fine, I will. See you tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye, noona."

After ending the call, Taehyung continued to watch Jennie. She looked at him and said, "Well, I have to leave. I have some work. See you later, Mr. Kim."

Jennie left before Taehyung could say another word. Smirking at the way she reacted, he took out his phone and made a call.

"Get me all the information about Jeon Jennie."