Back to you

That day, Joseph did not meet the elusive embalmer, but he had a feeling that he would meet him the next day. As Joseph quickly regained his strength, he signed up for some matches, especially the afternoon and evening ones. Based on his wording in the letter and the personality coming through the letter, Joseph had predicted that the embalmer was a very shy and non-social person, but was also considerate of others. He looked like the type of guy to only join afternoon and evening matches. Of course, Joseph had collected this skill of analyzing people from his short time of being a count. 

In the 5 o' clock round, as Joseph was sitting down in the chair that all hunters used, and the little patroller came to Joseph and gestured if he wanted any food before the match started. 

"I'll take a glass of wine, thank you." Joseph said. 

The patroller ran off, and as he was running off, Joseph looked at the survivors, and lo and behold, there sat the embalmer that Joseph was dying to meet and give the letter to. He boggled at Aesop's costume, which was a costume which was mainly black, but had red to highlight the costume. The costume fit him, and it made him look so nice. He looked ethereal, in a way. Joseph, stop. You can't be doing this, this is wrong. You don't even know him. Shut up. 

The patroller then came back with a bottle of wine and a glass full of wine on his head in a silver tray, and Joseph accepted the wine. The patroller has known him long enough to know that the likes the glass full, and that Joseph would probably share the bottle with his fellow hunters or down the bottle if he had a bad day. Then, all the survivors were ready, and the match began. 

The next time Joseph opened his eyes, he saw the lakeside village. The aura of the place was always menacing to Joseph, and he knew most of the hunter's backstories started in this place. Joseph then started walking around and trying to find the embalmer. Of course, it was very hard to find him, since he was very careful with his calibrations and adjusted very well to the manor within a few weeks. Joseph had already eliminated all 3 of the survivors, and it was a very easy game for him. The only person left was Aesop, and he did not plan to eliminate him. Joseph waited patiently as Aesop decoded 2 last ciphers, and the plan was to meet Aesop at the gate. Aesop finished all the ciphers and Joseph then teleported to the nearest exist gate to Aesop, knowing he would arrive there. 

After a while, Aesop finally reached the gate, but stood frozen in shock that Joseph was waiting for him there. Aesop didn't know whether to run or to approach the hunter, so he took a run for it, and Joseph shouted after him:

"Wait! I won't hurt you, I promise." 

Aesop stopped in his tracks and froze. Joseph slowly approached Aesop and handed him the letter. 

"Here's my reply for your letter. It's nice to meet you, Mr.Carl." Joseph said politely. 

"Please, call me Aesop. I hate when people call me Mr. Carl. It reminds me of my past. " Aesop said.

Joseph nodded as Aesop put the letter in his pocket, and Aesop headed towards the exit door to open it. 

"By the way, your outfit looks good on you." Joseph said. 

Aesop kept walking without a word, but he was flushing bright red under the mask. He had never been complemented like that before, especially by a hunter. 

Once Aesop finished putting in the password for the exit gate, he then saw Joseph wave goodbye, and Aesop timidly waved back. 

_______________________________________________

Hi yall! this chapter is a little short, and the POVs keep switching, but I try to separate them by paragraphs, sorry! The chapter is about 600 words and I'll be posting later chapters soon! Thank you for (somehow) landing my story in #5 in the Joscarl tag and thank you to that one persistent reader who has read all of my chapters!