Part 2

Victor POV

I wake up with a headache and a serious need to drink something. I quickly get dressed and head downstairs after grabbing some painkillers from my bag. About once a week I would get a pounding headache from my psionic power spiking in my sleep. So I keep some strong meds to dull the pain, It should calm down by mid day. It usually does.

Once I enter the kitchen I see that the sun is only now rising. Great I woke up early. That's definitely going to bother me a bit. I find a glass pour me some water and drink the meds causing the pain to subside in about ten minutes. I then hear someone coming down the stairs and look to see Eva come in.

"Oh. Morning Frosty. Didn't think you'd be up before me. Sleep well?" She greets me and I give her a warm smile. "Yes I did. Woke up from a pounding headache so came down to take something for the pain. This happens every now and again so I'm used to it, don't worry. I must say you look lovely this morning." She blushes from the compliment and brushes a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Want some help setting up breakfast?" I ask and she nods with a smile. She shows me everything I need to know about what food to cook and how to prepare them, it is a little tricky with my left arm still in the sling but I manage. "Glad to see it's not too different from cooking human food. Maybe I should cook some of that for dinner sometime. After making a grocery run to Earth of course." I state and Eva perks up at the news. "I would like to have a taste of your cooking." She responds and I make a mental note to do so at some point. 

Once we finish setting up the table the rest of the house's occupants start coming down with Eda coming down last. Eva and I then head to the living room after washing the dishes and she shows me a book on basic magic that she dug up from her room. It seems that it isn't too different from my psionic ability's, however magic seems to focus on your intent where with psychic power it requires you to concentrate on your exact action without loosing focus. And you need to know what your doing and how somethings work. Like for example the creation of fire is heat generated through vibrating molecules, for me I learned through trial and error. And learning a thing or two about the laws of physics along the way.

I'm not telling anyone about my ability's just yet but I am going to practice in secret to see if I can do magic. I know I can convert Psychokinetic energy into other forms of psionic power. Like Cryokinetic or Electrokinetic energy, I wonder if I can convert it into magic. I know witches have bile sacks with magic liquids sloshing around, so maybe it will work. Or maybe, and this is the most likely outcome, it will blow up in my face. Hens the need for caution.

As Eva and I am discussing magic Hooty then flings the door open and screams something about a slug on the beach. Eva has a look of disgust and Eda comes into the living room with Luz and King behind her. "Hot dang, lucky day. Come on kiddo's we've got work to do." Eda states and we follow. Eva however seems to do so reluctantly. 

Once we reach the beach however I can understand Eva's reluctance as does Luz. Me, I feel like I'm going to loose my breakfast and it aint even 8:00 in the morning yet. "Da-ma dracului." I state and the girls seem to agree with my statement even though they don't speak Romanian.

In front of us lies a giant slug surrounded by trash and smells like rotten seafood and a garbage dump combined. "Well kids, did you ever in your lives think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?" Eda exclaims happily and the three of us each give separate answers.
Me: "This is worse than that seafood surprise."
Eva: "Why mother? Why?"
Luz: " I don't like this."

Eda however just keeps talking. "Yes it doesn't get any more inspiring than the trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside. Until, blam. It get's blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuf it ate." She shoves a pickaxe in Luz's face and she reels back. "Please don't make me." Luz begs and King sets up a blanket to lie down on. "Aw, come on Luz. Its not every day you get to go to the dump to pick apart a garbage carcass." He sarcastically states. "Yeah, I'm not ruining my dress." Eva rebukes. "I am not going to smell like a rotting carcass again." I state.