Chapter 8

(A/N:) The classes are every weekend btw. Sat-Sun.

This chapter is a little time-jump, Celestine has attended more than 3 classes at this point so they kinda interacted a lot now. Okay? Good.

————————————xx——————————-xx—————————-
Celestine's POV:

"Hi Micah, it's Day 79 and I wanted to update you on my art classes. I've been going to Ensley Walsh's studio for a few weeks now, and I have to say, it's been a life-changing experience. Ensley is not just a great artist, but also an amazing teacher. She has a way of bringing out the best in her students, and I feel like I've grown so much as an artist in just a short time."

"I'm also meeting some wonderful people in the class. They're all so passionate about art, and it's inspiring to be around them. I hope to show you some of my paintings soon, and maybe even surprise you with a few pieces for your room."

"I miss you so much, Micah. But every day, I feel like we're getting closer to being together again. I can't wait to see you and tell you all about my art journey in person."

"Until then, stay strong, my love. You're always in my thoughts....I Love you."

I ended the record and set aside my camera. I took a moment to just sit and breathe whilst I gather myself and my thoughts. With a deep exhale, I stood up and prepared my things for Ensley's Class.

...

Ensley and I are friends now, of sorts. We talked and joked around, but we never really got too deep or talked about our personal lives.

Despite how comfortable we were around each other, I still hadn't mentioned Micah to Ensley. It wasn't a conscious decision; I just hadn't found the right moment yet.

As I settled into my seat, I noticed that Ensley was already sitting at her desk, looking lost in thought. It wasn't like her to be so quiet and subdued, and I wondered if something was bothering her.

"Hey," I said, trying to cut through the silence. "How are you doing?"

Ensley looked up and smiled at me, but her eyes still looked a little sad. "Oh, just thinking about some stuff. But I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm doing pretty well," I replied. "Work has been hectic all week so this is a nice break, you know."

Ensley nodded, still looking thoughtful. We fell into a comfortable silence, listening to the soft music that was playing in the background.

As we begin class, Ensley greets us all with a warm smile. "Hey there everyone! have you all tried working with oil paints yet?"

Some head nodded yes, while me and a few others said no.

Ensley grins. "Well, let's change that today. I'll show you the ropes and you'll see just how easy it can be."

For the next hour, Ensley teaches the ins and outs of oil painting. She demonstrates how to mix colors, how to get different textures, and how to use different brushes.

I listened attentively, but as the class went on, I could tell that something was still bothering Ensley. She seemed a little distracted, and her normally sunny personality was more subdued than usual.

I wanted to ask her about it and see if I could help in any way, but I didn't want to pry or make her feel uncomfortable.

Instead, when she comes to check on me, I try to lighten the mood by cracking a few jokes and making her laugh. To my relief, it seemed to work – Ensley's mood lifted a little, and she began to talk and joke around with me like normal.