Chapter 2 - The bet

ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ:

ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ:

I was sat in the great hall with my friends waiting for Dumbledore to announce the first years to come in and find out what houses they will be sorted into. Beside me sat Blaise, crackling at his own jokes as always while entertaining Theodore and Pansy which sat opposite him. On my other side sat Lorenzo, who was complaining about how long it was taking, and just wanting to eat the food that the professors had organised for them. Opposite me was Mattheo, he was sat in a sluggish position, his head was laid across the table and was as the point of falling asleep, while on the otherside of Mattheo sat Draco. Draco was being mysteriously quiet, which made me confused, why was he acting all quiet? normally he would be bitching off about Potter or talking about some pureblood that he has been seeing, either way this caused me to be quite suspicious, for that I decided that I was going to ask him.

"What's up with you Malfoy? you seem quite out of it."

"Nothing, It's none of your business. Anyways when is this fucking dinner going to start." Malfoy rolled his eyes, while then engaging into a conversation with Lorenzo about how they were both starving.

I couldn't stop thinking about Dracos sudden change of mood, was he trying to hide something or was he just not being himself? Suddenly the great halls doors suddenly opened revealing all the first years, who were storming in quickly to then create a massive huddle waiting for their next step of instructions. Dumbledore had greeted them, and Professor McGonagall had started the hat sorting with the first years. Even though they was a few cheers ever so often, I was starting to drift off into my own slumber just like Mattheo, however all of a sudden Dumbledore announced. "Now that all the first years have been sorted into their houses, I wanted to announce that their is also a new student joining our 6th years. Her name is Y/n, and I would like you all to treat her like all the other students in your year, please come in!" As soon as the doors opened, everyone's head turned. I couldn't believe my eyes, as soon as the young girl walked in I was in complete shock, she looked like a goddess, her dark hair bouncing up and down perfectly as she walked in a strutting manner. Her robes touching the floor, while her shoes were creating a clacking sound by each step she took, I was completely gobsmacked.

"God damn she's sexy!" Mattheo said.

"She's breathtaking! I think I've fallen inlove." Said Lorenzo with doughy eyes, admiring the new girl.

"Y'all I have an idea, looking around I see that all of us had caught an eye for the girl agreed?" Blaise mentioned causing everyone to nod, including Theodore. "We should place a bet on who can get her to fall in love with one of us, who's in?" All the boys expect me was in, even Theo which made me quite shocked since he was dating Pansy, however she didn't seem to be around.

" Are you in Reggie? or are you a pussy?" Said Draco.

I did find the new girl attractive, but I didn't want to hurt the poor girls feelings especially if she found out all of this was over a bet, however I didn't was to disappoint my friends. "I'm in." I replied.