1-5

1.

"Xiao Man, you're awake! Quick, call Master and the Young Masters and tell them that she's awake. Tell them to come over quickly!"

Hearing the noisy voices, Shi Man slowly opened her eyes. What greeted her was a high-end decorated room and a gentle and beautiful woman.

"You...." Who was it?

Before she could say anything, the woman hugged her.

An elegant fragrance filled Shi Mans nose. It was completely different from the familiar smell of blood and ammunition.

"Xiao Man, you scared Mommy to death." The beautiful woman hugged Shi Man as she sobbed.

Mom? When did she have a mother? Shi Man was puzzled.

Ever since she was born, she had been adopted by the organization and raised as an agent. She had never experienced kinship.

Today was supposed to be her first day of retirement from her career as an agent. Unexpectedly, the organization was planning to clean her up and not really let her retire.

In a fierce battle that ensued, she tried her best to launch a counterattack against the organization and escape.

Then she fainted by the roadside. She seemed to have died.

The resistance had exhausted her last bit of strength. Even if she escaped, she did not get far.

Every time she moved, her wounds would tear and bleed. Shi Man did not have much strength to support herself. Her last shred of memory stopped at the roadside. After she collapsed, her consciousness dissipated.

So where was this place? Could it be a trap set by the organization?

Thinking of this, Shi Man suddenly pushed away the woman hugging her, and put on a defensive stance.

Wait a minute....!

Shi Man stared at her hands. These hands were obviously not hers.

There were no calluses on her fair and slender palm. Her nails were trimmed very exquisitely and were painted with pink and translucent nail polish. Looking down, the gauze wrapped around her slender wrist had traces of blood, and the bright red color was especially dazzling.

"Xiao Man, what's wrong...." The woman watched as Shi Man pushed her away. Her joy turned into sadness, and she even began to sob. "Its my fault. I will definitely let Yi Zheng marry you. Dont be angry with me." The woman cried as she spoke.

"Yi Zheng?......" Shi Man was stunned for a moment. This name was so familiar. Wasnt this a character in the novel she had read to the targets daughter when she was working undercover as a maid?

"Yi Zheng......... doesn't he like Su Tang?" Shi Man tentatively said the name of the female protagonist in the novel.

When the woman heard Su Tangs name, she instantly stopped crying and said righteously, "No matter how Su Tang seduced Yi Zheng, Yi Zheng is your fiancé. As long as you like him, Mom will never allow them to be together."

It was as she had expected. Shi Man held her forehead. It seemed that she had transmigrated to the body of the female supporting character in the novel she had read.

When she read the novel to that young lady, she was a little unhappy because the vicious female supporting character in the novel had the same name as her. She was called Shi Man.

In the novel, Shi Man had a strong family background and was the only daughter of the family. She was the apple of her mothers eye, and her four brothers doted on her unconditionally.