Chapter 57

POV Bucky

It's a struggle to keep her in his arms as she trashes around.

"Keep us connected. I have her separated. We just need to figure out how to get her back in control of her own body." Loki's voice distant but urgent.

He looks up to find the others looking worried, unsure what to do as he and Steve hold Y/n and Loki connected without her hurting anyone. It is costing a lot of strength but they make it work.

"Someone should check on Zemo." Jarvis reminds everyone that he is roaming around freely.
"I'll go." Natasha says as she leaves to get to the elevator.

As Loki keeps connected, all of them know when she is closer to the surface and when her feral part wins again. The tension, the fighting, the sudden relaxing before tensing once more.
She is going to be so sore and exhausted.

"If this keeps going, she might lose consciousness. Her heartrate is too high and her breathing irregular." Jarvis mentioned.

"We have to do something." Steve says, looking lost, slightly panicked even.
"Call Bruce, we might need him too." Bucky says to Tony, before he start whispering to Y/n, about how much he loves you, how much Steve loves you, how brave she is, ...

Black shadowy tendrils wrap around her feet, slowly going up. The temperature in the room seems to drop.
"Her heartrate is dropping." Jarvis mentions.

The door opens and Bruce enters, "Jarvis brought me up to date." He says as he walks closer and examines the shadows creeping up.
"How long has she been like this?"
"12minutes, 28seconds" Jarvis supplies.

Bruce and Jarvis talk back and forth about body temperature, heart rate, breathing, ... for both Loki and Y/n.

"There is nothing we can do right now. As soon as they are disconnected from each other, Y/n will need to be in the med bay. She will needs and IV for fluid and have a heart monitor for checking. She might be unconscious for a few days, but that is a guess.
Loki might need some rest. I have not enough knowledge on the health of literal deities to be certain. I'd like for Loki to visit me for a medical check up."

The room temperature seem to drop significantly and sudden right before both Loki and Y/n lose conscious and Loki's green magic keeps them linked.

Bucky already holding Y/n, keeps her upright while Steve being closest to Loki keept them up.
Tony looks helpless, knowing that without a suit he is unable to keep Loki up.

Bruce asks Jarvis for health information, both seem to have a dropping body temperature, slower heartbeat, yet nothing that can be done now.

"Their glamour is flickering." Steve mentions, feeling Loki's body growing colder and colder.

Tony curses and runs off, yelling something about his suit.
Jarvis translates it, "Tony is grabbing his suit, as Loki will become too cold to hold without barrier. Loki's glamour keeps his true heritage secret."

"Which is?" Steve asks as the cold is starting to bite through his sleeves.

"Loki is Jotunn, which means they are frost giant." Tony walks in, wearing his suit and motion that he is going to hold Loki.
"We might want to find a way to lay them down, preferably on the bed. Seeing as Loki is losing their glamour, I am assume that both are using a lot of energy to get Y/n back in full control. Especially as the shadow tendrils seem to flicker at times as if they are going away."

Bucky nods, "careful, Loki's magic might keep them together but I don't want to risk either in case it might hurt them if we accidently seperate them even for a second."

Tony nods. Both carefully walk to the bed, Steve on his knees in the middle of the bed to help them.

It's no easy task, but they seem to lay comfortably on the bed, foreheads still touching, one hand still touching. The green magic still surrounding the two.

Loki's glamour almost gone, skin already getting a blue hue.
"I'll go check downstairs with Natasha and Zemo, you keep watch." Steve states, giving a quick kiss on Bucky's cheek and a nod towards Tony and Bruce.

Bucky anxiously keeps watch, feeling powerless now that he is unable to help them.