🧙🏻‍♀️✨Chapter 04: Fake Date?✨🧙🏻‍♀️

"Before you all head off to enjoy the holiday, I want you all to hand in your assignments I set you at the beginning of this month around the topic 'All Hallows Eve', including what you thought it was like during the Shakespeare period and onwards. Extra brownie points in writing down 'This particular holiday is also Mrs Binx's favourite as much as she is my favourite teacher in the whole wide world'."

There was a collection of laughter in the room. Danny and I were in history class with my mom teaching it. It also happens to be one of my favourite subjects to learn, and not because my mom is the teacher. Once everyone handed their assignments over to mom, one person was brave enough to ask her a question I had once asked her myself.

"Mrs Binx, is it true that you were a Sanderson witch? Are witches real?"

Mom continued to smile and stayed absolutely calm, not showing a single hint that she was shocked at the question. "Are witches real, you ask? Well, that depends on what you believe rather than what you think." She's not denying, nor is she telling anyone the truth.

"It's just that Gilbert who runs The Olde Salem Magic shop in town is telling everyone that the Sanderson sisters came back from the dead after a virgin lit some candle with a black flame 29 years ago, and that you were related to them." The same student added.

"Whoever the girl was that lit that candle to bring them back must've been pretty stupid to make that move if it were true." Danny commented.

I leaned after my chair and raised a brow in amusement. "But what if the virgin was a boy?"

Danny snorted. "Yeah, right, I bet you $20 a dude probably bribed a girl to light the black flamed candle as part of a prank to bring the Sanderson sisters back."

I smirked and shook his hand. "Deal."

"You've got till tomorrow to prove that it was a boy who lit that candle." Danny said just before the bell went off.

I placed my books and pens on my bag before standing up and walking out of the classroom with Danny. "You know a virgin has another meaning aside from the one we learned about during Sex Ed. right?"

Danny shook his head is dismissal. "Nah, there's no way."

"It's true." I tried telling him. "A virgin is also someone who has never once lit a candle before."

"What's this about a candle I hear?"

I jumped at the sound of mom's voice behind me and placed a hand over my heart. "Sweet mother of Satan, stop doing that."

She pretended to look confused. "Whatever do you mean, dear child? I was merely curious to know what you'll be doing after your mentioned the word 'candle'." She then looked between the Danny and I (mostly me) suspiciously. "Neither of you are planning on doing anything dangerous, are you?"

I shook my head vigorously. "Nope. No. Nothing dangerous at all, mom."

"Just taking her out on a date tomorrow after Halloween. A picnic with candles and a romantic moonlight walk." Danny grabbed my hand and smiled at mom while glancing at me from the corner of his eye. "Right, babe?"

I laughed nervously. "R-Right. That's...that's exactly what we'll be doing, h-h-honey."

OMG! A date with Danny?!

Chill, dimwit. It's not as if he's proposing or anything.

Anyway, to say mom was at a loss for words is an understatement. She literally screamed at the top of her lungs like a fangirl and jumped for joy. "I knew it! I can't believe this is finally happening! Oh, I must go to Allison right now! She's going to be over the moon! Your fathers owe us!"

I was taken back by surprise and mild disgust. "You've all been betting behind our backs?"

Danny shook his head in disappointment. "To think I thought you and mom were the ones we could trust the most, and now you've gone behind your children's backs."

Mom stop screaming and jumping. "I, uh...I have to go. I need to go to Allison's- I mean Principal Dennison's office for...for her opinion on these assignments." She turned around and ran down the hall. "I'll see you later, Ella."

I waited until she was down the hall before speaking up. "...She does realize she's not actually holding our assignments in her hands, right?"

Danny nodded. "Oh, yeah, she totally does. Our parents her best friends. They'll only be doing what best friends do."

"Gossip." I said.

"Pretty much." Danny turned to me with a sly grin. "So, we're going on our first date together tomorrow. Aren't you excited? Obviously it's a fake date."

I removed my hand quickly from his and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear while laughing nervously. "R-Right. Obviously." I turned around and faced the opposite direction to where mom ran, trying to hide my red face. "I...I better get going."

"Okay, then. See you at Cassie's and Mike's party." He said before walking the opposite direction to where I'm going.

"Damn jerk." I mumbled as I made my way out of the school. I suddenly froze as I got to where Becca locked her bike. "Wait...Cassie is having a Halloween party and didn't bother to invite us? I hope Becca and Izzy aren't upset about it."

Speaking of, they're not here so they've probably gone straight to the Halloween festival in town without me. "Come on little legs. Let's see if you can run fast enough for me to grab a toffee apple."

Why do I get the feeling something bad is going to happen? It's probably just some of the scary-looking costumes giving off those kind of vibes. I'll try not to think about it for now and grab a toffee apple before they're all gone.

🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️
**End Of Chapter 04**
🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️