Chapter Four: Take Me Home...

I go around and walk over to him.

"Butters? What happened?" I ask, kneeling down to me. Stan comes over to us and kneels down too.

"Get a-a-away from me!!" He yells and sniffles. "G-get away!!! Y-y-you're just here to h-h-hurt me more!!!" He hides his face deeper in his arms.

"Butters we're not going to-" Stan starts.

"Go a-away!!" He yells.

"Butters, get your head together!" I yell. He doesn't yell. He just cries a little louder and coughs a bit.

"H-h-how do I kn-know you're n-not hear to hurt me t-too?" He asks. I put my arm on his shoulder.

"We're not going to hurt you." I tell him simply. Slowly, he looks up at us, crying. His face is bleeding and bruised just about everywhere. "Who did this to you?" I ask him.

He sniffles and quiets his crying a bit. "E-e-eric..." He whispers. I just look at him. "Wh-why do y-y-you guys ha-have bags? A-and why a-a-are you here?" He asks us.

Stan tells the whole story. I sit down correcting the grammar issues he says.

"I-I know you two kn-know him really well... he's n-n-not finished w-with his plan, at a-a-all. I-it's gonna g-g-g-go really bad no matter what y-y-you do." Butters says, his crying completely gone. We nod, knowing it's true.

"Can we stay back here with you for a while? We really don't know any other place to go." Stan says. Butters nods.

"J-j-just a quick question." We look at him. "Does he o-o-or anyone know how t-to contact Kenny? H-he said he did... he t-tried to fool me again." Stan shakes his head.

I shrug. "I don't, and I don't know if anyone else does. He may, he may not. But Kenny would've given his contact information to other people besides Cartman." I say. Butters looks down and nods.

"Th-thanks..." He says quietly.

~*~Three weeks later

I sit on the roof of an old dead building next to Stan. He has his hand on top of mine. We sit, looking out at the rest of the town. We check the elementary school every once in a while to make sure Cartman isn't going over there.

It's too quiet for this time of day. Something's going on...

After a while, Stan points to Cartman who walks to the school. I pick up my walkie-talkie and try to contact Butters.

"Butters, Cartman is coming to you." I say. Nothing. There's no noise that comes out of it. "Butters?" After a bit, I watch Cartman turn the corner to the back of the school. "Butters!" After a second, the walkie-talkie makes a noise.

"Kahl? Butters is dead. I just called the ambulance." Cartman's voice is on the other side.

We sit in shock. "What??" I yell through the thing.

"Come see if you don't believe me. He killed himself, he left a note, and he's still bleeding." There's a specific tone in his voice that I believe. He's telling the truth, I've learned every tone in his voice, and I know when he's telling the truth and when he's not.

"We believe you." I say. Stan looks at me and shakes his head.

"I don't trust him, and I don't believe him at all." He tells me.

"For once, I'm disagreeing with you. He's telling the truth." I tell him.

He opens his mouth to speak, but we suddenly start hearing sirens in the distance. They get closer, and we see an ambulance and two cop cars. They drive by us and to the school. They stop there and we watch people flood from there homes to see what's going on. We watch and see the medics get out of the ambulance with a mat. They rush behind the school and come out with Butters on the pad. My eyes widen. We can't see any details, but his teal jacket and weird blonde hair show that it is him.

Stan stands up and walks away from the edge we sit at. I get up and follow him.

"Christ, dude... Cartman's a fucking bitch..." He says. I nod in agreement while standing in complete anger. "He did this... Kenny's gonna be mad."

I turn on the walkie-talkie. "YOU FUCKING FATASS!! THIS IS YOUR FAULT!! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!" I start yelling at him.

"Calm down, Kyle!" Stan says, tryig to take the walkie-talkie away from me.

"STOP RUINING PEOPLE'S LIVES CARTMAN!" I yell right before Stan takes the device away. I stand, breathing heavily.

He's destorying people with no remorse... he's hurting people and hurting everyone around them... he's a fucking basterd!!

I feel myself slowly sink down to the ground. "God... fucking... damnit!!" I murmur angrily. I feel Stan hold my shoulder as he moves around to get in front of me. He kneels in front of me.

"Calm down Kyle. We'll get back at him... somehow..." He tells me. I breath quicker and heavier while tensing up. Out of nowhere, he wraps his arms around me.

Slowly, I feel myself loosen up and my breathing go back to normal. To replace it, I start to feel tears run down my face as if I were about to cry. I hold back crying, but let the tears flow.

"I just want everything to go back to normal... like it was when we were kids. Today's bullshit makes back then look like a fucking cakewalk..." I rant quietly. He pats my back and holds me close to him. After a bit, he sits down. He pulls me down with him to where I'm sitting on his lap with my legs wrapped around his waist. I hold my crying back and just try to control my breathing.

"It's okay... it'll be okay..." He whispers. "We'll get through this. We'll pull through, and we'll be okay. Cartman wouldn't hurt us anymore..." He tries to comfort me.

"No Stan, no he's going to hurt us... he's going to hurt everyone we know... we need to leave, we-" I start.

He shushes me. "No he won't. He won't..." He hugs me tighter.

I feel myself start to cry, and I can't hold it back. I cry into his chest while loosing all reality.

"I just want to go home." I say in between tears.

He takes one hand away from me and lifts my head up to look me in the face. "Stop crying. It's hiding that beautiful face underneath and downgrades it to just a pretty little face." He says, smiling.

I keep crying, but I laugh a little fir a second. He takes my hat off and starts petting through my hair.

I just sit and let him. I don't have any strength left to do anything to stop him.

The tears don't stop, but my crying quiets down. Stan looks at me in the eyes and smiles a bit more. He takes his hand away from my hair and softly wipes the tears from my face.

"Stop crying." He whispers, moving his face close to mine. I sniffle. I feel my insides flip and my face get warmer. He gets closer until he's about half an inch from kissing me. I stop making any crying noices. Tears slowly fall from my eyes and they shift from one of his eyes to the other.

He pauses right there. "May I?" He asks me. I slightly nod. He moves in that half an inch and starts kissing me.

I close my eyes and just let him do whatever he wants. I never thought this would be how it is with him and me. I might have dreamed about him in more than just a friend way a few times, but that's happened with more than just him.

I don't understand this though... I don't have strong feelings for anyone... I don't really have feelings for anyone past friend... that's how I see my future; surrounded by friends and family, living alone out of this town, and having a career that pays enough for me to help out my friends, family, and myself. Not getting forced to run away from home, getting stuck out of school, and staying with the person who either has a huge crush on me, loves me, or hates me and wants to break my heart. Just a normal life...

And that's it.

~*~