Chapter Seven: Dance With Me

I look at myself in the mirror. I don't know if this is good enough for a dance... I need to get mom.

"Mom!" I yell. After a bit, she comes up to my room. "I don't know if this is good for the dance, or if I overdressed, or if I'm underdressed, or-" I start freaking out.

"Kyle, calm down. It's just a dance, why are you worrying?" She asks.

I take a deep breath in to calm down. "Stan's taking me. I want to look good for it." I tell her. She smiles.

"So that means that you two are-" I nod. "Alright. Go pull out your best clothes, I'll help you out." I grin and go to my closet. I grab out a few nice shirts and pants and bring them over to mom. She looks through them and eventually pulls out a shit and a pair of pants. She hands them to me. "These will work. Now go get changed and show me when you're done." I nod and go into the bathroom to get changed.

I come back out and show her the clothes. "Is it good?" I ask. She looks at me.

"Kyle, you look wonderful." She tells me, smiling. "So when will he be here to get you?"

I look at my watch. "In about six minutes." I tell her. She smiles.

"I'm so happy for you, Kyle. You're growing up. My baby's growing up." She says, hugging me. I hug her back.

"I love you mom." I tell her.

"I love you too, Kyle. Come on. Let's go get your hair finished." She says, pulling me away and bringing me into the bathroom. "Why do you always wear your hat anyways? Your hair is beautiful." She says.

"It gets in the way sometimes." I simply say. She pulls off my hat and starts brushing through it and doing something I don't really know at all.

After a few minutes, she stops. I look at myself in the mirror. Somehow, she was able to calm down and control my hair. I stare wide eyed at it. "How did you-"

I hear the doorbell.

"I'll tell you later." Mom says. I smile and we go down the stairs. I answer the door and see Stan standing at the entrance. He smiles.

"Ready to go?" He asks. I nod.

"Thanks mom! Love you, I'll see you later!" I yell out to my mom. Stan holds out his hand and I grab it. We leave the house hand and hand, heading for the school. We get there and he pays for us to get in. The moment we step in the room, I want to leave.

There are tons of people and the DJ plays Gas Pedal. It's hell in a few areas right now. I grab a hold of Stan's hand and hold on tightly. He looks at me. "Don't worry. We won't be here long if you don't want to." He tells me. I look at him and smile.

"I'm fine." I tell him. We start walking out to the dance floor, but quickly go to the wall.

After a few minutes, I see Clyde walk over to us. "Hey, you guys came! Big shocker really. Anyways, you look lonely. Butters, Kevin, Kenny, Thomas, and Token are over there, if you want to come." He tells us. I look at Stan. He shrugs.

"Sure, why not?" He says.

Clyde grins. "Follow me." He says, walking off into the crown of dirty dancers. We follow him, avoiding as many people as possible. We eventually end up in the group of six.

All we end up doing is talking and avoiding everyone else. Soon, Here Without You comes on.

A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lies have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same

I smile; it's a good song that I love. Stan looks at me and I look at him.

But all the miles that separate
Disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face

He holds his hand out to me. "Can I have this dance?" He asks. I feel myself blush as I nod and he takes me to an empty space in the dance floor. His puts his hands on my waist and I put mine on his shoulders.

I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby

But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me, yeah.

We start slow dancing to the song. I smile at him, and he does to me. We dance and dance through the song.

The miles just keep rollin'
As the people leave their way to say hello
I've heard this life is overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go, oh, yeah, yeah

After a while, I can almost feel eyes on me and I slightly look around. Tons of people stopped what they were doing to watch the couples dance. I look into Stan's eyes and everything seems to go by in slow motion.

I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby

But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight, girl, its only you and me

We start dancing a bit more than just side to side. I hear people start quietly cheering.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
And when the last one falls
When it's all said and done
It gets hard but it wont take away my love, whoa, oh, oh

Suddenly, I start hearing Stan sing.

"I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby

But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight, girl, it's only you and me."

He dips me down as the song ends. Our faces are about an inch and a half away from each other. I hear people clap and cheer. They quier after a little.

"I love you Kyle." He whispers.

I smile. "Love you too, Stan." I tell him. He quickly comes down and kisses me. People cheer again, only a little louder.

"Hey, guys! Come on, get a room!" I hear Clyde come over to us. Stan and I stand up and look at him. "Listen-" He points to the stage. We watch as Token runs up to the stage and grabs the microphone.

"Alright everyone! This Holidays Dance is over!" He says. Everyone groans. "And is now changing to a Holidays Party!! The school is ours for tonight!!" He yells. Seperate doors open and people walk in with drinks and snacks. Everyone screams and cheers. The DJ leaves the area and Token changes the music to his party playlist. I look at Stan.

He laughs. "Do you wanna be here?" He asks me. I smile.

"I don't give a fuck! Let's stay!" He smiles and kisses me again.

We immediately go to the drink table. He grabs five beers and a hard cider. We walk over to a table and sit. I grab one of the beers and he gets the cider.

He grins and holds up his bottle. "To fucking them all." I laugh and raise my bottle to start drinking.

"To fucking them all."

~*~