Remote Romance.

Y/N was alone for the first time in months. Jenna was filming a movie in London, and Y/N was too busy with his work to be able to join her. He'd spent most of today working on the next issue of Thus Spoke Wednesday Addams, and it was the first time he'd ever worked on it without his Girlfriend/Co-Writer with him. He finished what he needed and left his studio to go home.

His house felt larger with just him in it. He poured himself a drink, sat on his couch, and grabbed his laptop. He spent a few minutes browsing through Twitter and looking at fanart when suddenly, he got the notification for a video call. He smiled, seeing that it was Jenna; he sat himself up straighter and did what he could to make his hair a little better before answering.

"Hi, babe!" Jenna said, excited to see her Boyfriend. They had only really been communicating through text or the occasional phone call.

"Hey, Angel! How've you been?" He said, matching her level of excitement. Jenna gave him a cute pout, which made him chuckle.

 "It's fine, I guess. Shooting is always pretty fun. I miss you, though." She said, lying on her side and resting her face on the pillow. She brushed her from her face and smiled at him sweetly. "What about you, babe? How've you been doing?"

"Same as you, honestly. I've been keeping up with work, missing you. You know, today, I finished the most recent issue of Thus Spoke and realized that it was the first issue I worked on without you with me. It felt bizarre," He said. He smiled and said, "I even miss it when you sit in my lap and try to distract me when I've been drawing too long."

"What do you mean you "even miss it"?" Jenna giggled, "You love it when I do that. When I come back, I'll have to make up for lost time." She said, winking. Y/N chuckled

"Oh, no!" Y/n said sarcastically, making Jenna giggle. She reached off-camera for a second and returned with a glass of wine.

"So, what's the newest issue about?" Jenna asked, taking a sip from her drink.

"Wednesday goes to an all-girls school as a guest speaker and finds out through one of the students that there's been a series of suicides all linked to a love note. She, in usual Wednesday fashion, decides to investigate." Y/N said, earning an interested nod from Jenna.

"I look forward to reading it," Jenna said, "I expect a signed copy from my favorite writer,"  she said, smiling and making Y/N smile.

"You got it, Hon." He told her, "Out of curiosity, what's with the video call?" He asked, "Usually you're so busy shooting you don't have time." He asked, taking a sip from his drink. Jenna shrugged and smiled again.

"I have the day off tomorrow. So I can stay up late and talk to you properly. "I missed hearing your voice. It's weird waking up without you next to me." She said with a sad smile. Y/N smiled back at her.

"Yeah, the house feels empty without you here. "I've started talking to myself more now that you're not here," he said, making Jenna laugh.

"Oh, yeah? About what?" She asked, sipping her wine.

"I ranted about how much I hate the Conjuring movies while making dinner last night." He said, making Jenna choke on her wine while she giggled.

"I've never heard you say that. Why do you hate them?" She asked

"They try to MCU-ify horror movies. They try to make it crazy that the movies are in the same universe, but they're based on true stories. Of course, they share a universe! It's this one! This universe!" He said. Jenna laughed as her Boyfriend went on this pointless rant.

"You make a convincing argument. What did you have to say to yourself about that?" She asked, finishing her glass.

"Oh, I agreed with myself entirely." He said, causing Jenna to giggle.

"Sounds like it was a meeting of the minds." She said, making Y/N laugh.

"I saw some behind-the-scenes pictures from the set, by the way. The costume looks good on you," Y/N said, getting a smirk from Jenna.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'll have to ask wardrobe if I can keep it after the shoot." She said, making Y/N blush lightly. She playfully rolled her eyes.

"You still blush when I flirt with you." She said, smiling.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm still not quite used to having a hot woman flirt with me." He said, getting a chuckle from Jenna.

"Don't be sorry, it's cute." She said before letting out a small yawn.

"You've had a long day, Angel. You should get some sleep." Y/n said, causing Jenna to make a cute pouty face.

"I'm fine. I want to stay up and talk to..." She interrupted herself with another yawn. Y/N smiled at her.

"Okay, how about you just close your eyes, and I stay on call until you fall asleep?" He negotiated. Jenna thought for a second and nodded sleepily.

"We can talk all day tomorrow if you'd like." He said, which perked her up slightly. She nuzzled her head into her pillow and pulled a blanket over her.

"Night, Babe. I love you." She said, already falling asleep.

"Goodnight, Angel. Love you too." He said, and Jenna fell asleep on call.