02

(3rd POV) 

(Y/N) woke up, exhausted after getting only four hours of sleep the night before. Should she skip school? No, she decided that skipping wasn't a good option for now. But someday, (Y/N) will consider it.

As usual, (Y/N)'s ability activated as she made her way to school. Today, she could see people's futures. Despite sometimes seeing tragic pasts, she hated seeing the future, as it could hold people's deaths that she could do nothing to prevent. The hopelessness of the situation made her feel weak and she couldn't shake the feeling of inadequacy that came with it.

As usual, (Y/N) met Hinata while walking to school. (Y/N) turned to greet her friend, and then had a vision.

Hinata was shopping with her brother, her hair had grown taller, and she seemed older. Suddenly a truck drove into the mall. Everything went black, meaning that was the end of Hinata's future. This meant that Hinata dies.

Hinata's future left (Y/N) shaken. This couldn't be true. If this happened, (Y/N) would lose her only friend. That's why (Y/N) didn't make friends. After losing someone, (Y/N) felt so lonely that she became afraid of making friends. And now, (Y/N) had seen her only friend's death and couldn't do a thing about it. Why did she have this power in the first place?

"(Y/N)-chan, are you okay?" asked Hinata with concern in her voice.

"Y-Yes," she answered. "I just forgot something. Can you walk to school without me?"

Hinata nodded her head, she felt that something was wrong with her friend. She would just ask her later.

After Hinata left, (Y/N) began thinking about the vision she had. It was truly scary having her friend die. Without knowing when and with no way to prevent it.

"Always fight for what's right and protect those you care about."

How could she protect the people she cared about when she was so weak? When she couldn't do a thing. (Y/N) wasn't feeling good; how could she? She just saw the future of her best friend. (Y/N) knew that she couldn't stay forever. After all, she had school.

(Y/N) reached school but was in a bad mood. She took her seat in front of Takemichi and silently waited for the lesson. She didn't notice Takemichi coming to her desk.

"(L/N)-san, thank you for saving me yesterday," he said while bowing.

"Oh, about that," (Y/N) remembered. "It was nothing, really."

Takemichi didn't believe (Y/N). It really wasn't nothing. She stopped Kiyomasa and protected him.  

(Y/N) couldn't focus on the lesson no matter how much she tried. Whenever she tried to think of something, Hinata's death would pop up in her mind.

Suddenly, the door to the classroom opened, and in came the two people (Y/N) least expected.

"Oh, here they are."

Mikey and Draken.

Mikey walked over to Takemichi and (Y/N). 

"Takemitchy, (N/N)-chin," he said with a closed eye smile. "Let's go play."

"O-Okay," Takemichi answered nervously. "I don't have anything better."

(Y/N) couldn't follow the lesson anyway, and maybe tagging along would take her mind off the visions she saw.

Takemichi and (Y/N) walked out of the class while the teacher was speechless. Outside in the corridor were the third years.

"They pissed me off, so I knocked them down," Draken said as if it was nothing at all.