Act 1 Scene 3

[Nico, Rock and Uno are seen entering from the cell door. They all look dejected and tired.]

Rock: Work was hell! (he flops himself onto one of the sleeping bags on the floor)
   Uno: (shutting the door behind the trio) You beat me to it, Rock.
   Nico: (flinging himself onto Rock's back) I'm soooo tired! Carry me, Rock!)
   Rock: (startled) Nico, stop! We're already in our cell, go lay down or something. (he pushes Nico off his back and gives him a noogie on the head)
(Uno stares, concerning and confused)
   Uno: Guys.. where's Jyugo?
(The trio looks around, concerned mutters arise)
(Jyugo busts through the door)
   Jyugo: Guys! You'll never believe what I just saw!
(The trio looks at Jyugo, they surround him)
(Jyugo puts his hands out in front of him)
   Jyugo: On my way back, I caught sight of.. of..
   Trio: Yeah? Yeah?
(Jyugo pauses)
   Jyugo: A woman.

[The lights dim. We see, at the same time, Cell 13 out of the door and Hitoshi and Seitarou enter on the balcony stage left. Seitarou pulls the handle on the flat and the VISITING ROOM appears. Hitoshi and Seitarou go inside and Seitarou seats Hitoshi]

   Hitoshi: Thank you, Mr. Tanabata!
   Seitarou: No problem, Hitoshi. Enjoy your visit with Mr. Sugoroku!
   Hitoshi: I will!
(Seitarou exits)
(Hajime enters onto the balcony and then into the visiting room)
   Hitoshi: Hi, big brother!
   Hajime: (seating himself) Hello, Hitoshi.
   Hitoshi: (leaning over the table) I wanted to see you at work because I was just so curious! When do I meet your friends?
   Hajime: (pushing Hitoshi back into her seat) Sit down, Hitoshi. I know you're intrigued but I ask that you stay home and keep your nose out of my occupational life.
   Hitoshi: (pouting) Awww...
   Hajime: Also, they're not my friends. They're inmates, they're below me.
   Hitoshi: Don't say that!
   Hajime: Trust me, if they busted through that door right now, you'd be saying the same.
(Cell 13 rushes onto the balcony, pushing each other.)
   Hajime: Damnit! Not you four again!
(Cell 13 pants. They catch sight of Hitoshi. They swoon.)
   Hajime: (pointing his finger) Turn your asses around and go right back to your cell, I'm tired of this.
   Uno: Is this your girlfriend, Hajime?
   Rock: I never thought he'd pull.
   Nico: Did you catch him at a lot point?
   Jyugo: Guys, clearly thats—

[SCRIPT NOTE: {} Indicates that two character overlap dialogue.]

   {Jyugo: His sister.
   {Hajime: My brother.

(Everyone pauses)
   Cell 13: WHAT?
(Hajime rises from his seat and slowly walks onto the balcony)
(Cell 13 backs away)
   Uno: Heyyy Hajime, you wouldn't want to do anything irrational? Right?
   Hajime: How many times do I need to repeat myself before things get irrational?
(Cell 13 clutches on to each other, much resembling MYSTERY INC.)
   Jyugo: We should get going.
   Hajime: Yeah. Number 15, take your little club and get out.
   Hitoshi: (rising from her seat) Wait! I want to talk with Number 15.

   {Cell 13: Huh?
   {Hajime: What?

(Hitoshi grabs Jyugo's arm and pulls him into the visiting room)
   Hitoshi: I told you I wanted to learn more about your work! So let me talk to Number 15! (pleading)
   Hajime: (sighing) Fine! Just make it fast. (he strorms out of the room and off stage right of the balcony)
(Cell 13 exits stage left)
(Jyugo sits across from Hitoshi)
   Hitoshi: (elbows on table) Sooo.. Big brother always talks about you!
   Jyugo: He does?
   Hitoshi: Mhm! All bad things though...
   Jyugo: Oh.
   Hitoshi: He tells me you're the best but most annoying escape artist in the whole prison, if not the whole world! Is that true?
   Jyugo: (pauses) Uh..
   Hitoshi: (taking Jyugo's hands) Your little bracelets are super cool, where are they from? They're all shiny and shimmery! (she touches his shackles)
   Jyugo: They're... not bracelets.
   Hitoshi: Hm?
(Jyugo turns to the audience/away from Hitoshi)
   Jyugo: These are unlock-able shackles. They were put on me in the night whilst I was sleeping several prisons back. I saw him walking away. A man, with a scar on the back of his neck. Damn that man! He cursed me with these things I can never remove.
   Hitoshi: But can't you unlock anything?
   Jyugo: Anything but these shackles. Theres no lock to pick so I tried everything else. Saws, hammers... nothing.
   Hitoshi: They look heavy.
   Jyugo: (examining his shackles) Yeah. They are.
   Hitoshi: Poor Number 15... (pause) What did you say your name was? Wait, I don't think I even asked, I apologize.
   Jyugo: Jyugo.
   Hitoshi: Well then, Jyugo, I want to see some
of your lock-picking skills!
   Jyugo: If you insist.
(Jyugo rises from his chair. He picks the lock of the door that leads to MOMOKO'S OFFICE. We don't see him because he's behind the flat. The flat gets pulled open by Jyugo. We now see Momoko sitting at her desk. Jyugo leaves, closing the flat to the visiting room and dashing stage left.)

END OF SCENE