Teen Things

I found Heather walking towards the beach, and Mat was waiting for me. We trudged through the sand, thankfully I was wearing my sneakers, and jeans tonight, it was chilly.

Kevin lived about three houses down from the Smith's vacation home. It was much less fancy, the house had a big deck and big open windows. The music was loud and a lot of people crowded the walkway and were on the deck chatting up a storm.

I felt the butterflies invade my stomach and my chest, part of it was the amount of people and another part was seeing Kevin after last night.

"Are you ok? You look like you're going to throw up?" Mat snickered as he looked up at me.

I swallowed hard and tugged at my shirt. "Yeah, I'm fine. Rule number one, you're not having alcohol, young man. Rule number two we leave together."

Mat smiled teasingly "Yes I know." and with that he disappeared into the crowd leaving me all alone. I wondered where Heather had gone.

"Great just leave me here" I mumbled to myself as I made way to get a beer.

"Hey there!" a familiar voice whispered in my ear.

"Hey..." I gasped, feeling the goosebumps scatter through my arms. I didn't know what to say after the incident the night before, so I decided to ignore it.

Of course that wasn't Kevin's intention. "Listen, I'm sorry about last night." his eyes glimmered as he looked at me, I could tell he wasn't sorry.

I shifted my eyes back to the big window in the kitchen and watched Heather sink in the sand as she made circles around her feet. The famous Mike guy stood tall with blonde hair and a big build, I could tell she was very amused to see him.

As I turned my back for a minute to check on Mat, Heather had disappeared most likely somewhere down the beach.

"I'm sorry, I just have to focus on the kids tonight. It's been a little hectic at the beach house. Hey, is Mike a guy to trust?" I asked a little concerned, remembering our conversation earlier.

Kevin paused for a second "He's been my friend for quite a while, Heather has always had a crush on him. He's only three years older than her." He grabbed my hand and we headed out to the shore, but Heather was nowhere in sight.

"Oh god I hope she doesn't do anything stupid." I blurted, ready to pounce on the famous Mike guy.

Kevin was startled by my outburst, "Wow you really don't trust anyone do you?" he nodded, I nodded back playfully.

I didn't really enjoy the party, I was too busy keeping an eye on Mat and worrying about Heather's whereabouts. Kevin stood by me the whole time, trying to keep me preoccupied.

"I'm gonna check again." As I came to the shore, I could see that Heather was coming back all smiles with the Mike guy, I wasn't sure if I should be relieved or worried about that smile.

I looked at her with a reprimanding look "Where have you been Heather...I was worried!" I gave Mike a look.

Mike answered for her, "She is fine, we just went for a walk."

"Yeah I'm fine..." she smiled once again, a smile that let me know that something had happened. Which worried me, because I didn't know exactly what it was.

Mike continued walking into the party, Kevin whispered "I'll let you guys talk"

Heather looked up at me, I knew that look, I had made it when I told my older sister what had happened with Andrew. "Heather...please tell me that nothing happened between you two?"

"Not exactly..." she giggled as she placed her hands over her mouth "Ok fine, he kissed me. Do you know how long I've been waiting for him or any other boy to do that...I mean...by now all my friends have kissed...many..."

I sighed with relief "Heather god you scared me...and kissing many boys isn't that great either you know."

She looked up at me, her grin bigger than before. "It was wonderful, I was scared I wasn't going to know how to..."

I made a face "Heather don't give me details please...well I'm glad that you are happy but no more than kisses with that Mike guy. You hear me."

Heather nodded as she began her way home "I'll see you inside..."

I headed back into Kevin's house to find Mat, the party had died down and there were only a couple of people left.

Kevin stood up and walked out with me "Is she ok?"

"Yeah she will be fine. You know teenagers." I added as I gave him a smile. I put my hand on Mat's shoulder as we waved goodbye to Kevin.

Mat rapidly closed himself in his room.

As I entered our room, I found Heather removing her makeup, she seemed bothered now "Is everything ok?" I asked a little concerned hoping that she didn't leave out any details about her little escape.

She didn't even turn to look at me "I just wish that my mother was like you...that she listened and cared about what we do. She's so into herself it's disgusting."

"Your mother loves you in her own way. I know it's not the same, but you can always talk to me...I'll always be here ok. Now...how about we forget about this kinda bad day and get some sleep. Let's see what tomorrow brings us."

Heather decided to lay down "OK...Please don't tell my mother" she turned around and fell asleep.

I stood at the balcony "Hey" I heard a familiar voice, I smiled as I looked down, it was Kevin, he motioned me to come down.

Quickly the butterflies invaded my stomach. What if you go down there? What will happen? I ignored all the questions in my mind and headed down the stairs quietly and out the glass door.

As I came close I noticed his eye was swollen "What happened to your eye?"

Kevin laughed "Oh this...uh...Mike broke into a fight with some other guys and well I had to help him out and got a fist in the eye. But its ok...I think"

"That looks really bad...do you have a bag of ice or something frozen?"

He smiled "I should inside...you want to come?" I hesitated at first, but followed him anyway.

I took a seat on the sofa and he came back with a bag of peas "Who keeps peas in the freezer"

"I do it just in case I get in a fight for a close friend..." we both giggled. "Is Heather ok?" he asked.

I nodded "Yeah just that teenager thing...she got her first kiss tonight...so" hoping she wouldn't kill me for telling him. I took the bag of peas from him and held it to his eye. I could feel the fear coming over me as I looked into his eyes "You're shaking." he said as he placed his hand on mine.

"No I'm not..." I murmured, ok so I was. Deep down so many things were racing through my mind...things that could happen and that deep down I wanted to happen.

"Why are you so afraid?" his hand was now on my face, I took a deep breath. I didn't want to be afraid, but after my last heartache I didn't want to be attached to anyone, in any way.

"I don't know..." he leaned in to kiss me and without hesitation, I responded.

His body pressed against mine made me shiver. We continued to kiss while we rolled onto the floor he laid on top of me as I took in every kiss...he smiled at my shyness and he helped me remove every article of clothing off my body.

The way he touched every spot, made me tremble. The kisses he placed on my neck were soft and sweet. I could feel my whole body aching for him and giving into the moment, before I could even think twice about what was happening, he was deep inside of me, and with everyone of his movements it felt so pleasing.