Chapter 39

CW: Explicit sexual scenes

Mouths around the room hung open as they listened to Danny tell the story of their time in the Ghost Zone. Most of it anyway, Danny leaving out some of the intimate things like his mental health declining or the weird dreams he had.

At some point, his parents and sister came down to listen to the story and he knew everyone was brimming with questions.

"Dude!" Tucker broke the silence, "That is so cool! You're the king of ghosts! There goes half our problems".

Danny laughed, "Some anyway. There are still quite a few ghosts who don't like me and probably won't but", he shrugged. He looked at his parents, "I know you guys have a million questions. Mostly about the portal and the tech right?"

Jack nodded immediately but Maddie smiled, "Are you okay?"

Danny smiled and nodded, "I'm home. That's what matters. I have life to catch up on now. Like school. Jeez what am I going to do about school? You guys are seniors now. I was supposed to be too", he looked at his friends then to his parents again, "What did you tell the school?"

"That you were moved to home schooling with some relatives up North", Maddie hummed, "It's the best we could do without you here. We can try to get you back in for senior year", she hummed.

Vlad sat down, "I can be of assistance. I have many connections that could help. That and money. It can't buy everything, but it could help you back into school. We'll go tomorrow", he smiled.

Danny smiled, "Thanks Fruit Loop", he said which earned an eyeroll from Vlad. "In the meantime", Danny laughed when Sam fell through her chair again, "I need to teach you", he got up and gave Sam a hand up, "And get new clothes".

Vlad got up and looked at Jack and Maddie, "Let's go make some calls to get him back into school. Her too", he smiled at Dani who lit up excitedly.

Maddie smiled, "It's about time you settle in one place dear", she put an arm around Dani, "And I think here is perfect, don't you?"

Dani looked up at her quickly, "You mean it?" Maddie nodded with a big smile. Dani was beyond happy and nodded frantically. Maddie laughed, "Come up with us so we can get some paperwork done, okay?" Dani nodded and followed the three up.

"Ya know, Cake Pop," Ember got up and put her hands on Sams round hips, "I could teach her if you wanted some catch up time with your boyfriend".

Sam blushed darkly, "Yeah Danny, I'm sure Dash is dying for some alone time with you".

Dash snorted with laughter as Danny eyed them. He shook his head and looked at Dash, "let's go out then". Dash got up and pulled Danny to his side, "Gladly". Danny got this giddy smile on his face then looked at Ember and Sam, "Behave you two", he said as Dash pulled him upstairs to leave. "We won't", Sam called.

"Couples", Tucker rolled his eyes and looked at Jazz, "Wanna go get a smoothie?" Jazz got up, "Definitely".

*

Danny was sidled up against Dash on the bench seat of his truck as Dash drove. Dash had his arm around him, feeling more relaxed than he had been in years. "I missed you so so much", Danny said as he kissed Dash's hand.

"Believe me, the feeling's mutual Baby", Dash smiled. "I was so worried we wouldn't get you back. The portal just wouldn't come back up. But you, you worked so hard and now I have you again. I don't intend to let go again you know. I'm going with you everywhere now. You're gonna get sick of me", he laughed.

Danny laughed, "Not possible", he unbuckled as Dash parked at the mall. He sat up and got on Dash's lap, "Don't think I ever could", he leaned down and kissed him softly. Dash put his arms around Danny's waist and pulled him up flush against him. Danny hummed happily and wrapped his arms around his neck.