Chapter 19

Aemond and Alicent have a talk, it doesn't go as she expected. Visenya and Daemon work on training the new soldiers. Daemon meets someone he was not expecting. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

As always Valyrian will be in italics and Dothraki will be in bold italics.

3 days later.

Aemond could not stop smiling, at this point he was sure he looked like an idiot. Being with Visenya was like nothing he had ever done before, just being near her made him happy, and more relaxed. Visenya had a way of making him feel important like all his problems were not so large. Kissing her could not compare to anything, he preferred kissing his little niece to bedding any other woman. He had kissed Visenya a few more times after the day on the island, he would sneak down the halls and grab her as she was walking by. If anyone saw how stupid and childish he was acting they would think he was a fool, and in a way he was, at least where Visenya was concerned.

"I have not seen you in days." Aemond tensed, his entire body becoming tight, as his mother's voice reached him. "I was starting to think you were avoiding me."

"I am not avoiding you." Not much in any case. He turned to his mother, giving her a tight smile. "I have been busy, as the new hand of the queen I have several duties that require my attention."

"Yes, so I have been told." She closed the door and moved farther into his chambers. "Is Visenya part of those duties?"

"Visenya?" Aemond pretended not to understand what she was saying, if his mother wanted to make an accusation then she would have to actually say what she meant. "What does Visenya have to do with my duties?"

"That is what I have been asking myself." His mother's smile was not pleasant. "You have been spending a lot of time with the princess, accompanying her into the city, going with her on dragon rides, and even walking with her in the gardens from time to time."

"There is nothing wrong with that." Aemond shrugged. "She is my niece and I never had a chance to meet her. She is very different than the ladies from Westeros."

"Yes, that is because she does not act like a lady, swinging a sword and training soldiers." His mother glared like what Visenya did was directly his fault. "And then there is the way she dresses, like a whore."

"Careful." Aemond's voice was a hiss as he glared at his mother. "Remember who you are speaking about."

"I do remember, but it seems you have forgotten." His mother moved until she was standing in front of him. "That girl is just like her mother, they do not share our beliefs or our gods."

"You mean, your false gods?" Alicent's eyes widened and Aemond wanted to laugh at his mother's surprise. She had paid so little attention to him throughout the years that she had not even noticed he did not follow the seven. "I follow the fourteen flames, my gods, and the gods of my ancestors."

"Aemond." She looked at him like he was the biggest disappointment of her life and the boy in him wanted to run to her and say he had not meant it. That he had not been thinking right. Even while she had not been the best mother, she was the only one he had and he loved her, but that did not mean he would follow her blindly and do as she commanded. "The seven are the true gods, that savage that interrupted your ceremony should not be believed."

"Have you lost your mind or have you started believing your own lies?" He had always been surprised at the way his mother managed to spit out lies like they were the truth. "You are a person, just like everyone else. An actual god announced in front of everyone that the seven were not real, that only the fourteen flames and the old gods were. Now you want me to ignore what Arrax said and believe you?"