Revelations and Suspicions (6)

TW: mention of color guard, trombone player

Seth, still trembling from the sinister conversation he'd overheard, felt the need to confide in someone he trusted. He spotted Leo, the trombone player he had a crush on, practicing alone nearby.

Taking a deep breath, Seth approached Leo and began to share his worries. "Leo, I need to talk to you about something important," he started, but before he could continue, Leo's eyes lit up.

"Hey Seth! I gotta pack up real quick, my friend Prisha asked me to drive her home today." He chirps, quickly packing up his trombone and bass trombone. "Color guard did amazing today, don't you think? Alright man, see you around!"

Seth's heart sank as he realized that Leo's thoughts were entirely consumed by his best friend and the color guard, leaving no room for his concerns. Seth quietly said goodbye to Leo, and scurried away.

Desperate to find someone who would take him seriously, Seth rushed over to Mr. Hopkins, the band assistant. He poured out the details of Armaan's sinister plan and how he had overheard the color guard members plotting.

Mr. Hopkins, however, was known for his unwavering love for the color guard. He patted Seth on the back, offering a dismissive smile. "Seth, I know the color guard is a special part of this band. They're like family to me, and I trust them. I'm sure whatever you heard was a misunderstanding."

Seth was at a loss. Nobody seemed willing to believe him, and his friends were in grave danger. With a heavy heart, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

~*

Mr. Hopkins quietly walked in the Band directors office. Ms. Baker sat quietly at her desk working on choreography.

"Ms. Baker," Mr. Hopkins began, "I've just spoken to Seth, and he's making some wild accusations about the color guard. Claims of a sinister plan to harm Christian and Thomas."

Ms. Baker raised an eyebrow, considering the situation carefully. "Well, we can't just ignore such serious allegations. We should investigate."

Mr. Hopkins's loyalty to the color guard weighed heavily on his conscience. "I understand, but they're like my family. I can't imagine them doing anything wrong."

Ms. Baker sighed. "I know it's hard, but we must ensure the safety of all our band members. For now, I'm suspending Seth while we look into this matter further."

Mr. Hopkins nodded. Seth's world was about to turn even more upside down, all because he had dared to expose a dark secret within the band.