Prologue // Quote, Unquote.

Nobody POV

"Heyyy! Wait up!" Russia looked over his shoulder, smiling at his sister, Belarus. "Sorry," He murmured as he let her catch up to him. "I just wanna get home," He added, this time in Russian. Belarus smiled, her eyes full of sympathy. She knew Russia didn't like being in public or crowded places.

"Hey Russ!" Russia turned to see Germany on the street, holding two bags from the food market.

"Hi," Russia smiled, blushing a little. It always did when he was talking to someone other than his siblings.

"Hey Belarus," Germany nodded at Belarus. Belarus smiled warmly. Not many countries acknowledged her presence, they just thought of her as part of Russia. "Did you guys here the news?" Russia shook his head, curious. He just hoped it wasn't about him., because the war...."Well, someone got murdered, apparently,"

"WHAT?!" Belarus squealed, then put her hand over her mouth, realizing that she just screamed in public. "Who?" Russia tilted his head. Germany just shrugged. "The killer murdered them by biting them,"

"Wow.." Russia shook his head in denial. "Well, we better go-"

"Bye then, see ya later!" Germany waved.

"Bye," Russia smiled. Then he muttered, just for Bela and him to hear, "He's nice."

"Yeah," Belarus nodded back in Russian. "Kind of amusing too,"

"I guess so," He agreed, his smile fading a little. Then he let out a sigh.

"Russia," Russia looked at her. "What's wrong?" He shook his head again. "J-just tired."

"You can tell me anything, you know?" She stared, worried. "Yeah," Then he pulls her into a sudden hug. "Thanks," The taller country lets go. "Sorry for sometimes not acting like a big brother,"

"Hey, it's completely okay," She smiles. "You have too many sister's to put up with,"

"That's true," He nods. All of his sibling were girls except for him. At least they didn't live in the same house. Only Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and him. They all payed for the house together.

As they get closer to their house, Belarus gasps. "What? What's wrong?" As soon as Russia heard her gasps, he gets worried for his sister. Even though he wasn't the type to have favourites , he protected Belarus more than the rest of his sisters.

"Ugh," She groaned. "We have another UN meeting in 15 minutes." Russia frowned. "Oki, I'mma get something real quick," He quickly walked inside the house and rushed into his room. There on his desk was some documents. And on top of those was a note. A note Russia hasn't seen before. Russia bent down to read the note. It was written in Ukraine's swirly handwriting, in a green pen. She absolutely loved that pen.

Dear Russia,

Even though this we're in this time of crisis and war,

Remember I still love you.

Quote, Unquote.