1.0 Disciplining delinquents

Strutting in as if he owned the place, Grim led the group despite clearly not knowing where he was even going

Strutting in as if he owned the place, Grim led the group despite clearly not knowing where he was even going. "Dang, this place is swank! This is nothing like our dumpster of a dorm."

Yuu simply sighed in response, "It's not like we have the funds for anything better."

They ended up entering the rose maze. Large hedges as far as the eye can see. Each bush is adorned with numerous roses. Most of them were bright vibrant red, however there were white ones. What was strange was the guy coating the white roses in the familiar vibrant red paint.

"Aww yeah, I am getting my paint on!"

"Ah, someone's here" Grim pointed out to the guy that Yuu was just staring at.

"They all gotta be red, or it's 'off with my head'!" Despite the almost grim sentence, he sung it with such a chipper tone. Even with the logically bizarre nature of these events, Yuu still felt an odd sense of deja vu from his dream. A person who was hastily trying to paint perfectly fine white roses into a vivid red.

"Huh...? You guys need something?" The stranger turned around, still holding his magic pen.

"What are you doing there?" Ace leisurely walks in, his hands behind his head.

"Are you blind? I'm painting these roses red, duh. Wait, aren't you the two who broke the chandelier?"

As if on cue, frustrated noises came out from Ace.

"I knew it would haunt me!"

Probably taunting him, Cater laughed before going on.

"Oh, I'm Cater Diamond, by the way. I'm a junior here at Heartslabyul. But Cater is fine. Or Cay-Cay if you're cray-cray! Nice to meetcha!" He finishes off his introduction with a wink.

After the introductions, Cater explains to the group about the Heartslabyul tradition of the Unbirthday parties. Those being a special occasion to celebrate when it's...not anyone's birthday? These parties were held when the Housewarden felt like it. He manages to 'convince' the rest of the freshmen into helping him out with the Unbirthday party preparations, particularly with finishing the paint on the rest of the roses.

However with them only being freshmen, both Deuce and Grim aren't particularly talented at painting the roses. Rose jitter between blues, greens and various other shades of colours. However, discoloration was the least of their problems compared to the spews of fire that Grim let out occasionally. Whilst rectifying the myriad of problems that came with offloading his duties to the first years, Cater continued explaining the absurd rules that came with Heartslabyul. Having brightly coloured hedgehogs and flamingos for croquet, painting all the white roses red. However Cater soon became dismissive as Ace asked if he could see Riddle.

"Are you sure that's wise? Did you even bring an apology replacement tart?"

"No? I came here first thing in the morning!" Ace replied back although confused on why that would even matter, he only came since Yuu told him to do so.