Chapter 22 - Taking care of Helen's nightmare demon

Once all of the prospects were assembled in the bar, Prez motioned for someone to turn down the stereo and then everyone got quiet as they waited for him to speak. "Ladies, if you will please excuse us for a few minutes?"

Without question, all of the women stood up and left the bar and went down to the living room to wait.

As soon as they were gone and the door to the bar was closed, Prez called out, "Listen up everyone. Prospects, for those of you that are new, what is going to happen tonight is a loyalty test for you. If you puke or pass out that's fine. Look away if you can't deal with what is happening. Just know now that if you leave the shed before you are told to go or if you refuse to do what you are told, then you must leave, tonight, and you will not be allowed to return.

We will drop you in town or wherever you want to go within reason but I want to remind all of you that no matter what, you will never repeat what you are about to see or hear out there. Is that understood?" Prez asked.

All of the prospects answered yes and then just waited for Prez to continue. "Most of you know Dr. and Mrs. Allen because you have been doing guard duty at their house.

Well, in the shed is the psychopath who killed Mrs. Allen's family and stabbed her multiple times, injuring her to the point that she can never have children. That's the reason the Allen's are adopting the Carter children. He gave Mrs. Allen and Tasha a good scare at the mall today.

Thankfully they had Natalie with them and she called us to back her up. We have found out through not only Mrs. Allen but also through police records that he has a long record of breaking the law and is a suspect in several deaths.

Until now, he's had an uncanny knack of being able to escape prosecution mainly because the law is written in such a way that allows him to get away with so much. He let his younger brother take the fall for the crime of being the primary killer to Mrs. Allen's family when it was really him and only because his brother's face was the only one Mrs. Allen could identify.

His brother would have served 2 life sentences in prison but he was killed in a prison riot after having served only 4 years. Ted didn't even see fit to visit him in jail or to claim his body after he was killed, leaving him to be buried in the prison cemetery.

Anyway, he has made a direct threat to not only Mrs. Allen but now to our MC as well. We are going to end this threat before he actually hurts someone again. If you don't want to be involved with this, go pack your things right now and someone will drop you off in town, otherwise, follow me." Prez said as he turned to leave the bar. Prez caught David and Daniel and told them, "Since you have already decided to leave us, you are excused for this. Stand guard until we come back."

"Thanks Prez." Both David and Daniel told him and dropped out of line.

The two newest rescued prospects, Greggory and Carlyle looked at each other and then followed everyone outside. They all trooped up to the shed and went inside. Greggory and Carlyle followed the other prospects as they lined up against the wall.

They saw a man hanging by his hands from the ceiling and thought he was just a normal person until he began to laugh. The sound was maniacal. It was the kind of laugh that you heard in horror movies that made you shiver and you just knew that the person was crazy. But it was what he said that made them all stand up straighter and they all knew without a doubt that his man was evil and he deserved whatever was about to happen to him.

"Anyone care to trade places with me? This has always been my favorite part but normally, I'm down there and one of you would be up here. I love making them scream and bleed. Red is such a beautiful color, don't you think?" Ted said with that evil laugh.