01

01| no matter what.

TAEHYUNG POV.

we just finished our last class before break time so i decided to go to my secret place where only two of us only knew and hopefully, he's there.

walking with my a black skirt, ripped croptop, students who i walk passed with squeals or whispering nonstop, not that it affects me anymore, they always do it, because one, i'm pretty— that's what i heard from them and second, it's because i knew the handsome boy in the campus— jeon jungkook, my neighbor and ultimate crush who always find his way to approach me.

why not though? we're bestfriends.

jimin:
"taehyung! hey tae!"

my soulmate shouted excitedly skipping his steps towards me. his wearing some ripped jeans and colored baggy shirt with his lace backpack on his shoulder.

taehyung:
"hey."

i timidly greeted with a soft smile on my lips. not in the mood to actually talk.

jimin:
"i have a very good news for you!"

he said and dragged me in a corner where no one is around. thankfully.

taehyung:
"what is it now? you're too excited about this."

jimin:
"of course 'cuz why not? especially that because of your smart "teacher's favorite student" ass, i am paired with jungkook for this project we are assigned with!"

he exclaimed, squealing like a teenage girl first time his crush noticed him and almost shouting loudly of his exploding emotion.

thoughts:
i know it's my fault but what should i reply to that? congratulations or i'm happy for you when i can't even open mouth now?

jimin:
"hey, aren't you happy for me?"

jimin asked when he noticed i didn't answer or something about his good news. like, how should i react then?

taehyung:
"of course i'm happy, i'm sorry, i'm just not in a mood."

i chuckled awkwardly while tapping my shoes on the floor, indication of me wanna go.

jimin:
"oh, are you sick?"

worried, he tried to approach but i moved backwards biting my lips.

taehyung:
"y-yeah, uhm... i gotta go, i-i need to get something, see you later!"

i rushed out there, walking faster like i was been followed. thankfully, jimin didn't and just leave me alone peacefully.

i hope his there.

timeskips...

"you're late."

the first thing i heard from him when i got into the place. i was still making my breath even but a giggle left my lips.

oh god, i really love hearing his voice.

"are you just gonna stand there or you'll sit here besides me?"

he asked, looking up on me with his dead serious face.

i think, i'm gonna faint.

"stop staring, i know i'm handsome, pretty baby."

he said it like casually while i can't even form a word right now.

stop! or my soul will left me.

taehyung:
"such confidence, jeon."

i mocked. trying not to be that obvious how my heart skip a beat when he called me baby for the nth time.

he just smirks at me and continued reading the book in his hands.

taehyung:
"you are paired."

i said, i didn't ask 'cuz i already knew the answer, just wanna hear it from him.

jungkook:
"yeah, thanks to you."

his voice. it didn't sound like his happy nor sad, maybe disappointed? i don't know.

jungkook:
"you're overthinking again, what's on your mind?"

he asked, not even looking at my side when there's actually no space between us.

i forgot, he knew me so well.

with a pout evident in my lips, i answered.

taehyung:
"no i'm not."

jungkook:
"whatever it is, know that i'm always be here no matter what."

here and then, my heart skips a beat and my head is like spinning when he turns to my side.

eyes to eyes, face to face.

a sigh left in me as i slowly closed my eyes, feeling the mere touch of our nose.

suddenly, a hand was on top of mine. such a comforting warmth. it feels like his reassuring me that it's all gonna be fine.

one of the million reasons why i like him.

after that small comforting words, affection and silence. it was the time for us to part ways for our next class and of course, before leaving, we said our goodbyes and see you's to each other.

another day, another reason for me to love you even more jungkook, i'm sorry.

----

a/n :   well hello sweetcakes! how's the first chapter? a lil bore? promise you the next chapter will be more entertaining to read, please excuse this for now :))