Chapter 1: Just a normal day

Riley POV:

"And then he just threw up!" Screamed one of the boys. I learned against my locker as I watched my friends laugh at each other. Max laughed as if he just stepped into a comedy show whilst Jeremy just giggled. "No reaction huh, Riley?" Max questioned looking at me with a smirk, "I bet he's thinking about his girlfriend~" Jeremy said, probably reading Max's mind.
"I-No. This conversation is just boring" I said as I shifted into a more comfortable position.
"I mean I guess but like-" Max tried to say. "Stacy's been acting 'nicely' around me all of a sudden." Jeremy says with an almost gleeful jolt in his eyes.

Max who's seemed to have grabbed his phone at some point starts laughing uncontrollably again. "What's up Max?" I asked him. Max looks up almost instantly with the widest grin he's ever pulled. "Guess who your girlfriends with right now Riley"
He said and I just shrugged in return. 'It's probably one of her friends' I thought. "She's hanging out with Connor" Him saying that almost made me choke. "CONNOR?" I practically yelled, both Jeremy and Max now looking at me noticing my pissed off self now. I had always felt something off whenever I was with her and now she was off hanging out with Connor of all people. I just couldn't believe it.

I focused my breathing and sat down on a bench in the room and just thought about stuff. Max and Jeremy were probably just looking at me. Wait, no they were chatting as if I wasn't sitting here all depressingly. I pulled out my phone and immediately texted Aubrey (my girlfriend).
----------
-Hey Aubrey what you doing rn?
=Oh hey bay, just at the movies with Lily <3
-Oh rlly?
=Yup! We're watching that new movie that came out yesterday
-How's Connor?
----------
After sending that last message, she went offline. Just by the silence I knew she was cheating on me.

Jeremy POV:

I sat relaxed on a chair I found. Just kinda watching what was happening. Riley sat on a bench and looked like he was in pain after what Max had said. Max just looks at me and shrugs. I had never had a bad enough relationship with anyone to have them cheat on me. Guess I'm just that good. "Yo Jeremy any news on that gay kid?" Max says sitting himself on a bench nearby me. "Oh that little shit? Yeah today he called me a dirtbag so we just chased him until we cornered him and yeah" I said feeling pride in myself for doing it. "Sick, where's he at right now?" Max said laughing slightly. "Probably crying in some place" I said laughing as well. The school we went to was the most homophobic school you'd ever see. The gay population was currently 3 not counting the hiding ones. Most schools have a Pride Club which in my opinion is stupid. At our school even the Principal hates them but only gives them detention if they're caught doing stuff like kissing or flirting.

Majority of the school are haters of the gay community and me and my crew are in it. Max and I are pro-homophobic whilst Riley doesn't really care, which in my opinion is stupid. "Hey whatcha thinking about over their Jeremy?" Max said to clear the silence in the room. "Oh just about this shitty school" I said grabbed some gum out of my pocket to chew on. "Oh Jeremy thoughts on Jessica?" Max said as he looked like he was texting someone. "Absolute bitch. I swear to God that girl doesn't leave me alone whenever she sees me." I said rolling my eyes. "Sounds like someone's a lady's man" Max winked as he continued texting someone. "At least I have a girlfriend." I said back to him to assert who was the leader of the group. He rolled his eyes and continued typing. By now Riley was looking alive again and listening to our conversation.

Riley POV:

Jeremy and Max had been having a conversation while I had zoned out. Of course I'd have to talk to Aubrey about how she was "talking" with Connor. But right now I was curious about what these two were talking about. "What are you guys talking about" I said and Max looked at me as if he forgot I was in here. "Just the school and stuff" Max said casually as he typed something on his phone. I examined both Max and Jeremy's features. Max's almost black hair that was cut by himself to the top of his neck. His dark green eyes made him stand out easily as you couldn't miss the shine of them. On the other hand Jeremy's hair was more kept, his mousy brown hair was soft and looked as if he gets it done professionally everyday before school. It was kept well and dangled a bit with it going as long as the tip of his shoulders. His grey eyes seemed to examine everything and he looked gentle and kind. But both me and Max know that Jeremy could kill someone if he really tried, that poor kid...

Jeremy seemed to notice me looking at him and stared my in the eyes. I averted my eyes and tried to think of something to talk about but Jeremy spoke for me. "Ay Riley what's your thoughts on the gays in the school?" Jeremy said waiting for me to say the 'correct' answer. "Erm. Well I don't really have an opinion on it" I said not wanting anyone to question me. "Everyone had an opinion mate, your either one of them or you hate their guts." Max chirped in and looked like he could really go for punching someone right now. I didn't care but I just sat back. "Like I said, I don't have an opinion. I don't care." I said pulling my arms behind my head to relax.

(1000 words)