Chapter 2: The Walking Dead

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗CHAPTER 2THE WALKING DEAD╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
CHAPTER 2
THE WALKING DEAD
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Find them there! We couldn't let them loose!" A millelith who looks like the leader of the tribe ordered his team. They were all scattered around the street of Luyei, the town folks were all alarmed by it.

Behind a huge crate, three individuals were hiding with the two male catching their breath. Peirro, Childe, and (Y/N) all squirmed, the two were not entirely annoyed but Childe where almost in the blink of an erupting volcano.

"You should explain yourself back in the headquarters! I can't believe we saved only one demi-beast through our life-and-death expedition!" He snarled at Peirro, though it didn't concern him because he was far too busy adjusting (Y/N) to a comfortable position.

"What were you saying, Childe? Sorry, I didn't hear a thing" Peirro gazed at his companion with a meek yet cold gaze, the same goes for (Y/N) who was sitting on his lap.

Childe gritted his teeth, but instead of lashing out, he instead resorted to an "inhale and exhale" method. His anger issue needed to be properly adjusted, if not, something bloody would happen.

"Hm, what is fate planning for this day?" (Y/N) murmured to herself. Peirro did hear a fragment of it but didn't dig any further because their concern right now was how they would escape in this inescapable case.

They had been running for nearly an hour that they couldn't notice the time, but based on the atmosphere where the sun was slowly descending from the peculiar mountains, it was almost nighttime.

"Hey, tell us your name. You might come in handy in the later plans for our escape" Childe pointed his finger at (Y/N), his expression and the way he said it showed a demanding manner more than being polite.

"Are you talking to me?"

"Yes," He answered impatiently.

"Well, my name cannot be foretold, nature tells me that both of you show a miasma that can infect me once I let you in the void where I lived" She answered without eye contact with Childe.

"What are you even yapping about?!"

"I think she doesn't trust us," Said Peirorr while looking down at the girl beside him.

Childe was not pleased by her non-consensual speaking. He facepalm, slightly took a peak from the crater and later returned to his position. The soldier was still roaming, lucky for them that they hadn't searched the crater from a dark corner.

He thinks that his more of a guardian based on how he is somewhat responsible for his companion. Quite the opposite since Peirorr is supposedly their leader and older than him.

Since (Y/N) didn't dare to speak a thing, he slowly inspected her with a side glance. She has a (F/C) tail and ears that resemble a cat, (S/C) skin, and a height where he assumes that she can only reach below his chin. In conclusion, she's either 11 or 12 years old.