𝐈

❝𝘽𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙙

❝𝘽𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙙. 𝘽𝙚 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙙.❞

✮✮✮

Annika was walking besides Tatum on their way to school. "Hey, did you hear what happened?" Tatum spoke up. Annika nodded. "Yeah, I didn't know Casey, but I knew Steve." Annika replied. Tatum nodded in response. "It's crazy, I mean who would do something like that?" Tatum asked a rhetorical question. Annika stayed silent. After a few minutes, they spotted Sidney. 

Tatum grabbed Annika's hand, walking up behind Sidney. "Do you believe this shit?" She whispered to her. Sidney gasped, turning around. She calmed down once she saw the familiar faces of her two friends. "What is going on?" Sidney asked, looking around.  

"You don't know?" Annika asked in disbelief, walking to the other side of Sidney. Sidney shook her head. The three continued walking. "Casey Becker and Steve Orth were killed last night." Tatum informed. 

"What?" Sidney asked, her face full of surprise. "No way." She added when Annika and Tatum nodded. "And we're not just talking killed, we're talking splatter movie killed. Ripped open from end to end." Tatum added. She knew most of this stuff because her brother, Dewey, was a police officer. "Casey Becker? She sits next to me in English." Sidney whispered. 

"Not anymore." Annika said to Sidney. Tatum nodded adding. "It's so sad. Her mom and dad found her hanging from a tree. Her insides on the outside." 

"Oh, my god. Do they know who did it?" Sidney asked. "They're fucking clueless. I mean they're interrogating the entire school. Teachers, students, janitors." Annika replied, looking around. "They think the school's related?" Sidney turned her head to look at Annika. "They don't know." Annika shrugged. 

"I mean, Dewey said this is the worst crime they've seen in years. Even worse than-" Tatum stopped herself, not wanting Sidney to get sensitive on the topic of her mother. Annika jumped in, "Well, it's bad." She said. Tatum nodded, grabbing Annika's arm again and pulling her with her.  The two girls had the same first period, so they always walked together.

"Nice job bringing up Sidney's mother." Annika whispered, taking a seat besides Tatum. "I was just reciting what Dewey told me." Tatum held her hands up. Randy took a seat in front of Tatum. He also had the same first class as the two girls.

 "Do you guys know what happened?" Randy turned around to face them. "Yes, Randy." Tatum rolled her eyes. "Who do you think did it?" He asked again. Annika shrugged in response while Tatum didn't reply.

 "Mr. Meeks, turn around." The teacher strictly said. Randy slowly turned around, facing the teacher. Halfway through class, the teacher had gotten some information. "Annika, it appears to be your turn." The teacher said to Annika. Annika snapped out of her thoughts, nodding. Each student was being interrogated by the sheriff. "Goodluck, Annika." Tatum whispered to her. Annika walked out of the room and headed to the principal's office.

✮✮✮

At lunch, Annika met up with her friends which consisted of Randy Meeks, Tatum Riley, Sidney Prescott, Billy Loomis, and Stu Macher. They all sat in front of the fountain. Sidney sat between her boyfriend's, Billy's, legs. Tatum was sat next to her boyfriend, Stu. His leg was propped up behind her. Annika took a seat next to Tatum and Randy. Annika and Randy were the single ones of the group. "What'd they ask you, Sid?" Tatum asked Sidney. "Well, they asked me if I knew Casey." Sidney responded. "Yeah, they asked me and Annika that too." Tatum nodded. 

"Hey, did they ask you if you like to hunt?" Stu asked Billy. "Yeah, they did. Did they ask you?" Billy responded. Stu nodded. "Hunt? Why would they ask you if you like to hunt?" Annika asked, confused. "Because their bodies were gutted." Randy responded, leaning closer to her. "Thank you, Randy." Billy sarcastically said. 

"They didn't ask me if I like to hunt." Tatum spoke up. "Because there's no way a girl could've killed them." Stu joked. Tatum frowned, looking at him. "That is so sexist. The killer could easily be female. Basic instinct." Tatum deadpanned. 

"That was an ice-pick. Not exactly the same thing." Randy squinted. "And Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. The fact is it takes a man to do something like that." Stu added. 

"Or a man's mentality." Annika responded, siding with Tatum. Tatum nodded, pointing at Annika in agreement. "How do you... gut someone?" Sidney said, her voice breaking as she asked. Everyone went silent, not having the heart to answer. Everyone except Stu Macher. "You take the knife and you slit them from groin to sternum."

Sidney grew uncomfortable, letting out a breath. "Hey. It's called tact you fuck-rag." Billy narrowed his eyes at Stu. "Hey, Stu, didn't you used to date Casey?" Annika asked, looking at Stu. "Yeah, for like two seconds." Stu chuckled. "Before she dumped you for Steve." Randy intervened. 

Tatum widened her eyes, looking at Stu. "I thought you dumped her for me." 

"I did, he's full of shit." Stu replied as he and Tatum looked at Randy who began speaking. "And are the police aware you dated the victim?"

Stu chuckled under his breath. "What are you saying? That- That I killed her?" Stu titled his head. "It would certainly improve your high school "Q"." Randy responded. 

"Stu was with me last night, okay?" Tatum smiled. "Yeah I was." Stu smirked at Randy. "Was that before or after he sliced and diced?" Randy asked, getting louder as his sentence went on. 

"Fuck you, nut case, where were you last night?" Tatum leaned forward. "Working, thank you." Randy responded. "Oh, at the video store? I thought they fired your sorry ass." Tatum leaned on Stu. 

"Twice." Randy replied, smiling. "And Annika was with me when my shift started and ended." Randy defended. Tatum's lips parted as she turned to Annika. Annika furrowed her eyebrows at the girl. "Since when did I have to tell you where I go?" Annika looked at Tatum. Tatum rolled her eyes. 

"I didn't kill anybody." Stu randomly said. "Nobody said you did." Billy said to Stu, giving him a strange look. Stu turned to look at Billy. "Thanks, buddy." 

"Besides, it takes a man to do something like that." Randy mocked Stu. "I'm gonna gut your ass in a second, kid." Stu glared at Randy. Randy stood up leaning over Tatum and Stu. "Tell me something. Did you really put her liver in the mailbox, 'cause I heard that they found her liver in the mailbox. Next to her spleen and her pancreas." Randy said in a high-pitched voice. Annika rolled her eyes, grabbing her backpack. Sidney did the same. 

"Randy, you goon-fuck. I'm trying to eat here." Tatum threw a grape at Randy's face. "She's getting mad, Randy." Stu whispered to him. Randy reached to grab a grape from the package, but Tatum pushed him away. "Better liver alone." Stu said with a grin. Sidney kissed Billy's cheek before standing up and walking off. Stu laughed. "Liver alone!" Stu continued to laugh as he turned to Billy and stuck his tongue out. Billy hit Stu in the side. "Ow, liver. Liver. Liv- It was a joke." Stu clarified. Annika rolled her eyes, standing up and started the walk to her next class.

✮✮✮