𝐕

✮✮✮

✮✮✮

The three met up with Gale under a tree in the courtyard. Gale was smoking a cigarette as she said, "All right, Let's just assume the killer is repeating Woodsboro-" She got cut off as her phone started ringing. "Yes?" She answered annoyingly. "I'll have to call you back." Was the next thing Gale said as she quickly hung up the phone. "That doesn't explain Sidney's attack." Dewey said. "Sidney wasn't killed in Woodsboro." Dewey added.

"Wasn't for a lack of trying." Randy stated, intertwining his fingers with Annika's. Annika sat in between Randy and Gale as Randy continued, "The killer's trying to finish what was started." 

"By killing one of us?" Annika looked at them. Randy shrugged. "Sid's under protection, right?" Gale asked. "Yeah." Randy nodded. Gale's phone went off again. She quickly answered it, "What?" She said, her voice raising. "Tell Bob I'll call him back." Gale said, hanging up the phone. 

"When'd she start smoking?" Dewey asked, nodding his head over to Gale. "Ever since those nude pictures on the internet." Randy replied. "It was just my head. It was Jennifer Anniston's body." Gale recoiled.  "Anyway, you're forgetting something. In Woodsboro, there were more victims before the homestretch-" Gale continued. 

"Tatum, Your cameraman, Himbry-" Annika started listing as Joel, Gale's new cameraman, cut her off. "Time out. I don't need to be hearing about no dead cameramen, all right? Now, I'm warning you guys. I am a verb away from vacating these premises. I'm gonna get me some coffee, donuts, Prozac, see if I can find some crack, Special K- "X," not Malcolm- and I'll be back when you guys start talking about something... a little more Saved By The Bell-ish, all right?" Joel stood up, walking away from the four.

"He seems a little shaky." Dewey commented. "Don't worry about him. If the killer is following a pattern, maybe we can figure out who's next." Gale suggested. 

"I wouldn't follow a killer's pattern." Dewey stated as Randy rolled his eyes. "We were all involved in Woodsboro. Could be any one of us." Dewey added. 

"So what do you wanna do, bonehead? Sit here and wait and see who drops next?" Gale fired at him. "Well, I don't know-" Dewey paused as Gale's phone started ringing once more. ""Phonehead."" Dewey fired back. Both sighed, looking at each other. Gale's phone kept ringing which caused Randy to grab it and shout, "Gale's not here!" 

Instead of Randy putting the phone down, he stared off at the ground. "What?" Annika asked him. Randy covered the bottom of the phone so the person on the other end couldn't hear. "It's him." Randy told the group. 

"Who?" Annika and Dewey asked simultaneously for clarification. "The killer." Randy responded. "He can see us." Randy added. The four stood up now fully aware of their surroundings and looking around. 

"Just keep him on the phone." Dewey told Randy. "What do you want me to say?" Randy asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice. "I.. I don't know, just keep him talking. Come on Annie and Gale." Dewey whispered to the two girls. 

"Shouldn't someone stay with Randy?" Annika asked, not letting go of his hand. "It'll be fine. It's an open space." Dewey responded. "Go." Randy told Annika, pecking her lips. Annika sighed, following Dewey. Gale came up behind the girl, placing her hand on her arm for comfort. "He'll be okay." Gale whispered to her as Annika slowly nodded. "What are we even doing?" Annika asked Dewey. 

"Look for somebody with a cellphone." Dewey told the two. Dewey, Gale, and Annika walked around the open courtyard looking for people with a phone. "Give me that!" Gale took the phone from a girl. "Hey!" The girl angrily said. "Who's this?" Gale asked. Annika and Dewey looked around as Gale added, "Gale Weathers, author of The Woodsboro Murders." She stated. 

Annika rolled her eyes. "Not the time to promote your book, Weathers." Annika seethed. Gale tossed the phone back to the girl. "Okay, he's gotta be around here some place." Gale said as the three walked a little further away. Dewey turned, facing the girls. "Yeah, he's just playing with us." Annika said. 

"White male suspect, nine o'clock." Dewey whispered to Gale and Annika. "Our clock or your clock?" Gale asked. "Your clock." Dewey responded. Gale and Annika slowly turned their heads at different times to see someone holding a phone. "I'll go around the back." Dewey stated as him and Gale started running. Annika sighed as she watched them get further and further away, but she didn't move. 

She turned around, looking for a sign of Randy, but she couldn't see him. "It's an open area, where the hell would he be?" She whispered to herself, walking the other way. Annika spotted Randy by Gale and Joel's news van. He was shouting something to the killer on the phone. She started to run over to the news van, but she was still little ways away. 

That's when she noticed something move from inside the van. "Randy!" She screamed. He looked up at her, stopping his rant. As she got closer, she saw the van door being pulled open. A ghostface revealing itself with a knife wielding in its hand. 

"Randy!" She screamed again, pushing him out of the way, both of them tumbling to the road. She landed on top of him, but he quickly moved her to the side, his arm having a tight grasp around her waist as they stared at the ghostface. 

"There!" Dewey shouted in the distance. Him and Gale came running, startling the ghostface. The ghostface dropped the knife, running in the other direction, suddenly disappearing behind a corner. 

Annika looked over at Randy. Both were breathing heavily. She found it hard to think that her boyfriend almost just became another one of the infamous ghostface victims. 

"Thanks, Annika. Holy shit." Randy breathed. He looked over at her, "I-" He was about to say as Gale and Dewey ran up to the two. 

"Are you guys okay?" Gale asked quickly. Helping Annika up as Dewey helped Randy up. "I'm fine." Annika said as she looked over at Randy knowing he was the one who was almost just attacked. 

"Uh, almost just got gutted, but other than that I'm fine." Randy nonchalantly replied. Annika couldn't help but breathe out a laugh. "We should get away from here." Gale said. "Yeah." Dewey agreed. "Come on." He added, pushing Annika and Randy towards the front as Dewey and Gale walked behind them, looking around as they did so. 

Randy looked over at Annika, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him as he held her close. The four stayed silent as they realize the true risk of more ghostface killers on the loose. One of them could die at any moment, and this day demonstrated that.

✮✮✮