Chapter 3

Selina's P.O.V.

After I washed, I stayed under the cold water for a few more minutes to soothe my wounds. It felt really good to have a bit of relief from the pain. I sighed, turning off the water. I wrapped a dismal towel that was damn near falling apart around my scarred body.

I was quick to dry my body and get dressed. I put on a simple black long-sleeved shirt, with black ripped jeans. I also put on a dark gray short sleeved hoodie that had a large silver lightning bolt on it. It has holes in collar area, and tears in varies places. Which makes sense, since I found in a donation pile. It's where I find most of our clothes.

⬆️ ignore the makeup and hair, but this is what the outfit looks like.

I looked at the mirror once more. My complexion looked a bit better even if I was still pale. The dark circles under my eyes were a shade lighter, but still very prominent. I have chronic insomnia, so that is no surprise. I looked at my hair. I have dark wavy curls that reached the middle of my back. I left them as they were. I didn't have the energy to deal with them, plus it hurts to lift my arms at the moment.

"You know how strong our big sister."

I heard Nyx's voice. Rowena must be awake. Good, he's talking to her. The girls are a lot closer to him than me. It's not surprising. After all he does look after them while I'm doing chores or healing from beating. He's also better at dealing with the emotional stuff than I am. After shutting off/ignoring my emotions for so long, I have a hard time identifying an emotion other than anger.

Don't get me wrong. I love my siblings. That much I knew and felt. I just struggle to convey that to them sometimes. I'm not really good at giving affection. Hard to do when we don't really have any reference.

"It's my fault Lina was hurt again." Rowena's reply made me freeze. "I tried to stop him, but I couldn't do it."

Alona began to growl in my head as fury coursed through us. That bastard of a future Beta tried to rape her, and she is blaming herself for me getting hurt for protecting her. My hatred for this pack just grew ten folds. I didn't think it was possible for me to hate these shitheads any more than I already do, but I've been proven wrong again. Unable to control my anger, I stormed out of the bathroom.

"You did nothing wrong. And I'll be damned if I allow you to think that way," I said forcefully.

Both Rowena and Nyx jumped a little. I may have spoken more harshly than I intended because I saw a flicker of fear in Rowena's eyes. I sighed and tried to reign in my anger. I didn't want my sister to think I was mad at her because I'm not. I'm angry at the situation we were forced to live in. I took several deep breaths before I felt myself calm down. I went over and knelt in front of them. Seraphina was still asleep, but that doesn't surprise me. That girl can sleep through a bloody hurricane with no problem.