Chapter 2

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ᴋᴇʏ
(ʏ/ɴ) = ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ
(ʟ/ɴ) = ʟᴀꜱᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇ

₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡

"You're (Y/N), right?" A blond boy said as soon as you entered the mansion.

You nodded slightly.

The mansion was huge -- which was not a surprise, since well, they are the Agreste -- and really well decorated -- also not a surprise.

You saw the boy before. On all those famous fashion show and stuff.

"Adrien, go bring Miss (L/N) to her room, will you?" The lady said.

"Of course, Nathalie." Adrien answered and motioned you to go upstairs.

You walked silently, and he helped you carry one of your bags.

"How are you?" He asked, probably getting uncomfortable in the awkward silence, "How's the flight?"

You stared at him. Your throat felt dry. You couldn't speak. You just nodded again.

"Well, this is your room." He finally said, opening the door, "We don't really have time but I tried decorated it a bit. I don't really know what you like but hope you like it."

He said, putting his hand on the back of his neck awkwardly.

He put your bags on the ground since you just walked in without saying anything.

"Um... Take some rest. I'll call you when it's dinner." He informed you turning to the door.

You grabbed his hand, "U-uh, thanks Adrien..." You whispered.

He smiled at you -- probably glad that he got you talking, "Of course. Just tell me if you need anything. My room's just opposite yours."

✧~ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴋɪᴘ ~✧

"Time to eat, (Y/N)." You heard a gentle knock at your door and Adrien called.

"I'm not hungry." You forced the words out but in reality your stomach protested.

"C'mon, (Y/N), just a bit." Adrien said, "You haven't eaten anything all day."

You didn't want to leave this room. No, you didn't want to leave the bed.

Ever since you came here, you've just curled into a small ball with the fluffy blankets wrapped around you, losing the motivation to do anything.

You heard Adrien sighed, "Okay, (Y/N), I'm not forcing you. Just come down or tell me if you want to eat."

You turned back down and tears poured down your face again.

You've tried really hard not to think of anything. And even so, the pain is unbearable.

Suddenly, your mother's voice crept into your mind. You waited but you didn't feel the sharp pain in your chest. It was comforting.

"A Phoenix never give up. A Phoenix will rise from the ashes and shine again, brighter, and stronger." 

"Mum... I miss you..." You murmured softly into the pillow.

✧~ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴋɪᴘ ~✧

There's a knock on the door again.

You sighed and turned around, pretending to be asleep.

"(Y/N)? Can I come in?" Adrien's voice asked.

"Yeah..." You murmured, not sure if he would have heard it or not.

The door was opened.

You didn't know why, but you craved his accompany. He seemed to have lit up your life... By just a bit.

You have swore not to grow close to anyone again. And you didn't wanted to social with anyone, but Adrien... He seems different.

He sat next to you and you heard a metal tray being put down.

He handed something in front of you and instantly the buttery smell filled the room. Your stomach growled loudly.

He laughed softly, "C'mon. I know you're hungry. This croissant is from one of my friends' bakery. It's delicious. Just take a bite."

No longer able to resist, you reached your hand out and chewed on the heavenly food.

He handed you more and you ended up swallowing down half a dozen of croissant.

"I lost my mum too, y'know?" He said and handed you a napkin.

"I was devastated at first. But life goes on. I still miss her, a lot. But..." He glanced in front of him, "My friends made up for it. And well, I learnt to value even more of what I had at this moment. If we dwelled on the past for too long, we'll lost ourself as well. We just have to let it go, accept it. I'm sure your parents wouldn't want to see you punish yourself just because you survived. I'm sure they would want you to live a happy life."

You looked at him. He's right.

He then got up from your bed.

"I'm glad you came. Father doesn't really have time for me. So, if you need anything, or if you need to talk, I'll always be here." He said before taking the tray away.

"Adrien." You called out, "If you ever feel lonely, or if you want to talk as well, same goes with me. Just pop in."

"Of course. Good night (Y/N)." He smiled and closed the door.

You laid back on your bed and closed your eyes. Tears were still streaming down, but you could feel something in your chest.

It was beating. It was alive again.

You could feel hope.

Perhaps your mother was right.

Us Phoenixes rise from the ashes.

₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡₊˚⊹♡

✧・゚:* ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴍʏ ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇꜱ *:・゚✧

ʜᴍᴍᴍ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɢᴏ

ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱᴇɴꜱᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅʀɪᴇɴ x (ʏ/ɴ) ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴍᴍᴍ ɪᴅᴋᴋ

ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏʏʏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ʀᴇꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ / ɴɪɢʜᴛ

𝒯𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓁𝓈
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

✧・゚:* ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴇꜱᴛᴇʟʟᴇ *:・゚✧