Shelter

I really enjoy writing Dark for some reason - I guess I have to adopt him now 😭

Anyway, Dark gets caught out in a storm, but my oc Bayern takes him in:3 Bayern is a Blue Steve who isn't exactly keen on living in the world beyond, also he dresses up very emoish- so basically, imagine a Blue Steve in a rebellious phase except its not a phase, also he has like- wings but in the overworld they're purely magic and glow blue-
------

Dark got caught out in a storm. The clouds had been looming in the distance for hours. He had been helping around the village for hours, and when the storm clouds were closing in, the last villager he was with offered to let him stay, but he reassured them he could get home before the rain began, but unfortunately he could not. The rain began quickly, calm enough at first, but within a minute, it was hammering down.

It quickly grew so heavy that he couldn't see where he was going. Soon enough, Dark was soaked all the way through. He was so cold and drenched, and he just felt awful. He kept walking through the weather, flinching whenever a rumble of thunder boomed or lightning flashed. Many times, he was nearly blown off his feet by the wind, which was so very strong. He knew Time and Sabre were probably worried sick for him, but getting home was going to be too difficult.

Before he realised it, someone had grabbed his wrist, yet he had no time to freak out about it, as he was quickly guided into a house by...one of the villagers! Dark never thought he'd be more thankful for someone existing than now, "What were you doing out there? This weather isn't safe for anybody..." The Steve was blue in colour, which was definitely surprising as usually only Orange, Yellow, Green and Violet Steve's lived in this village. This Steve must've been a new arrival.

"I..thought I could make it home before the storm hit... who are you?" Dark tilted his head a bit, shivering now as he was still soaking wet, "I'm Bayern, and before you tell me who you are, we need to get you dry, and into another set of clothes, pronto. You can shelter at my place until this storm is over." And before Dark could get another word out, Bayern quickly walked upstairs to get some stuff for Dark.

Within a solid five minutes, Dark now had a towel wrapped around him to at least dry off a bit before changing, "So, you know my name, but I don't know yours, who are you?" Dark looked off to the side before speaking again, "I'm Dark Steve, and uh...I'm surprised you hadn't freaked out by the Steve who is visibly darkness." For a moment, there was silence before Bayern chuckled a bit, "Why would I freak out? I've seen you around, and you are visibly anything but a bad guy. Who you were in the past doesn't define who you are now, especially since you are doing everything in your power to be you, a kind person who holds no ill intent towards anyone. I mean, I've seen you helping out around the village a bunch, and they all speak highly of you."

And before Dark knew it...he was crying. He...did not deserve such kindness. A Steve who hadn't even met him before saw him for who he truly wanted to be..

He felt safe. He felt... happy. And there was nothing better than that.