CHAPTER 3

RUDRA'S POV

The grand wedding was in full swing, but my mind remained deeply preoccupied by a single presence.

VANI

Her name reverberated in my thoughts, a name as beautiful as her face. Ever since my eyes first beheld her, I couldn't tear my gaze away from her.

A vision of beauty amid the festivities, she shone in her exquisite attire, her grace drawing everyone's attention, including mine. It was as if her charm, a magnetic force, held me in its spell. For the first time in my life, my heart skipped a beat as I continued to gaze at her, spellbound.

This was unprecedented. The women in my life had always been there to fulfill my desires, offering only physical pleasure. None had ever evoked anything more.

I couldn't help but keep my eyes on her. Surprisingly, she never once glanced in my direction. It left me torn between satisfaction at her not throwing herself at men and frustration at her apparent disinterest.

I was aware of other men ogling her with intentions that fanned the flames of my anger. Her attire was, in my opinion, far too revealing. Her translucent dupatta, the cleavage on display, and the completely backless blouse showcased her exquisite skin. She was, however, mine, and I couldn't fathom why she would dress in such a manner.

Damn it! She was only twenty years old, blissfully unaware of my presence, and yet, I felt an inexplicable pull toward her. I couldn't get her out of my mind. What was it about her that had ignited this obsession in me?

My thoughts drifted into a reverie where I envisioned her becoming my partner. I saw her face as the first thing I woke up to every morning after a night of passion. I visualized her preparing breakfast in my shirts, adorned with bangles and the vermillion I'd apply to her hair after her morning puja. The nuptial chain bearing my name, her preparing lunch, and her warm welcome when I returned from work. We'd share dinner and then spend the night making love.

"Sir, sir... here is the complete information on the girl," Kumar's voice pulled me out of my daydream. Annoying fucker.

I took the tablet from his hands and glanced over the remaining details about Vani. I already knew nearly everything about her, except for one detail that took me by surprise—she was applying for internships in multinational companies. What the fuck?

There was no need for her to work. Hell, she could even drop out of college. I had no intention of letting her step out of the house; I couldn't bear the thought of other men casting their lustful gazes upon my goddess.

Absolutely not. She couldn't. She was MINE.

It was then that I realized I was going to keep her with me, not as a mistress, but as my wife. Mrs. Vani Rudra Singh Rathore. It had a pleasant ring to it.

"Kumar, instruct Mr. and Mrs. Sharma to meet me in my hotel room," I said as I stood and walked toward my room, but not before taking one last look at Vani. Soon, that radiant smile would be reserved solely for me.

.

.

.

"Sir, how is this even possible? She's just twenty, and you're in your thirties. There's a significant age gap between you," Rudra glanced at Nitin Sharma, Riti's father, and Vani's uncle.

"It's not a big deal, Mr. Sharma. My parents have an even larger age gap, and they've been happily married for many years," Rudra replied with a smirk.

Mrs. Shikha Sharma scoffed inwardly. His mother was like a lifeless figure, devoid of any spark in her eyes, and his father was a cruel, orthodox man.

Both Shikha and Nitin had agreed to this marriage only because Rohan had promised that they would leave India. Rohan, being a doctor, had an easier time distancing himself from politics due to his stable career. Unlike his father and elder brother, Rohan had turned out to be a gem, perhaps inheriting his mother's good-heartedness. His simplicity and kindness had convinced them to accept him as their son-in-law.

"Sir, Vani is still a young and immature girl. I'm sure that your position requires someone who is strong and mature, someone who can provide you with strength rather than being a distraction," Shikha stated. She was determined to protect Vani from this predator. She had no intention of placing her precious angel in the hands of this monster.

Rudra laughed at her statement with malevolence.

"Mrs. Sharma, do you take me for a fool? Listen to me very carefully. If you do not agree to marry Vani to me, I will cancel Riti and Rohan's wedding immediately. I am certain you wouldn't want your daughter to be left at the altar," Shikha and Nitin glared at him.

"Think about it, Mr. and Mrs. Sharma. No one would marry a girl who was left at the altar. Society can be ruthless to such women. Do you wish for your only daughter to suffer in pain and humiliation for the rest of her life?" Rudra's words only served to strengthen their resolve.

"Allow me to correct you, Mr. Rathore. In our family, we cherish two daughters, Riti and Vani. It seems you might have assumed we'd sacrifice Vani merely because she's not our biological child. I want to make it crystal clear – we will not let Vani to endure suffering so that Riti may find happiness," seethed Nitin Sharma, his voice resonating with unwavering resolve.

"Aur haan, aap kya yeh shaadi todenge, mai khud abhi or isi waqt yeh rishta todta hun. Duniya ko bhi akhir pata chalna chahiye ki is mokhote ke peeche kitna badha shaitan chupa hai" Nitin sharma roared. Both him and his wife were about to leave when Rudra stopped them.

(Also furthermore, will you break this marriage? haa, I terminate this alliance myself, right here, right now. The world needs to know what lies beneath this facade)

"Jaise aapki marzi, doctor sahab. But things won't unfold as you desire. Wouldn't you like to fathom the precise consequences that await you once you exit this room without giving in to my demands?" Rudra smirked. The elderly couple turned and fixed a stern gaze upon him.

( As you wish doctor)

"I will ask someone to shoot me. Then I will link your family with the opposition. Your whole family would spend the rest of their lives in a jail except for Vani and your mom obviously." He smiled an enormous innocent smile.

"You bastard" Nitin seethed, gripping Rudra's collar. The guards were ready to intervene, but Rudra signaled them to remain in place.

"Sasur ji, kahani khatam hone ka toh dhairya rakhiye. Toh mai kya keh raha tha hun. "So, I'll place your mother in an old-age home, where she'll spend her final days in loneliness , yearning for her family that will never return. And as for my dear Vani, whom I had considered making my wife, she'll have no choice but to serve as my mistress for the rest of her life, in my bed, under me" he smirked once again, fully aware that he had exposed their vulnerabilities.

( dear uncle in law, the story hasn't yet ended, you need to be little patient. So where was I, yes)

Nitin and Shikha were horrified as they listened to his words. They understood that he wasn't making empty threats. He was no ordinary man; he was the Chief Minister of their state. Achieving such sinister intentions would be a mere formality for him.

"Look, Mr. Rathore. Please, try to understand that Vani is different. She won't fit into your idea of a perfect wife, you deserve some really mature and understanding " Shikha said, as politely as she could. At this point, she could only make a humble request.

"That's not for you to worry about. Just prepare her to be the perfect bride, and I will turn her into my perfect wife ," he replied with a smile, losing himself once more in his daydream.

Nitin interjected, attempting to change Rudra's perception by portraying Vani negatively, "She would never accept it, Mr. Rathore. She is really stubborn and loves herself more than anything. She is quite selfis-"

Rudra cut him off, "Don't worry, Doctor. She will love me more than herself. You know I have many ways." He winked, sending shivers of disgust down Nitin's spine. He wished he could retaliate, but it was his family's future at stake.

"Now, now, I'll give you two hours. Get my bride ready or be prepared to face the consequences," Rudra declared, and with that, he exited the room, leaving the couple in a state of profound dilemma.