CHAPTER 5

On the 27th floor of a remote building, distanced from the bustling city, nestled in an area surrounded by an expanse of thick, dense forest.

Vani's heart throbbed within her chest as the enigmatic man, who had not ceased to fixate on her, instilled a strong desire within her to seek refuge and disappear from his unrelenting gaze.

Throughout her entire life, no one had ever treated her with disrespect. In fact, this was the first instance where a man had dared to hold her hand in such a manner.

She desired to say a lot of things and free her hand from his grasp, yet all her courage dissipated instantly upon catching sight of the gun in his hand.

"Psycho" echoed in her mind after enduring almost an hour in the car. Her wrist remained captive in his painful and bruising grip.

He gazed at her like a maniac, not uttering a single word since the statement he made before they departed for his penthouse.

The chains of her thoughts shattered when the car screeched to a halt.

"Home sweet home, my love," the way he articulated those words sent a chilling sensation down her spine.

Finally, the grip on her hand loosened, and seizing the opportunity as she exited the car, she pushed him. Rudra chuckled. Casually, he rubbed the gun on his temple, and a resonant noise reverberated through the forest. Vani's steps halted abruptly. A blast echoed, causing her to stumble due to the sudden loud noise, and she fell to the ground.

Rudra leisurely approached Vani's trembling figure. Clutching her lengha tightly, she found herself utterly perplexed by the events that had unfolded in the past couple of hours.

Her sudden return orchestrated by her uncle and aunt, the unexpected ambush, and the subsequent abduction by this mysterious man left her bewildered. Guns, which she had only encountered in movies, now confronted her in reality, draining all the blood from her system.

"Stop! I said stop right there, you maniac!" She finally screamed. Kumar, Rudra's personal assistant, watched Vani with widened eyes. No one in their life had ever dared to address Rudra in such a tone.

Kumar, almost prepared to summon others for a grim outcome like burying her body, was astonished as Rudra unexpectedly halted in his tracks. The sudden turn of events left Kumar feeling as though he might pass out.

"Whatever my Queen wishes," Rudra spoke, executing a dramatic slight bend.

"Kumar."

"Y-yes, yes sir," Kumar hastily ran towards his boss.

"Go and instruct someone to prepare some delicious food for my Queen," Rudra ordered, and Kumar, without any questions, hurriedly ran away.

"WHO ARE YOU? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM ME AND WHERE ARE MY UNCLE AND AUNTY?" She demanded now finally rebuilding up the confidence in herself.

I am Vani, I am Vani Sharma and Vani Sharma would never be afraid of anyone or anything.

Vani kept chanting the line like a mantra in her head. Her fist around her lenhga getting tighter than ever.

"My love, how about we go inside and then talk? Look at you, freezing in this cold," Rudra spoke gently, attempting to cover her with his blazer. He casually engaged in conversation with her, as if they were a real couple.

"Fuck off, you imbecile. Don't you dare come near me. Keep those filthy hands of yours off me," she screamed at him.

Rudra raised his eyebrow, and before Vani could comprehend anything, he had her already pinned against the tree.

"I love you, but that doesn't mean you have the liberty to talk to me like that. Remember this, Vani, your happiness lies in your hands. Choose me, and you will be happy. Otherwise, don't blame me for what you're going to get." Vani struggled in his painful grip, his words trembling her soul, but she maintained her calm.

"You are not in your senses, Mr. 'Whoever the fuck you are.' I am seeing you for the first time, and even if I had known you for an eternity, I would still never fall for you, you bastard," she seethed. Rudra's grip on her tightened.

These city people must have brainwashed her. They have filled her head with all the rubbish thoughts but I would mould her into my perfect wife. My perfect queen.

Rudra smirked, contemplating his thoughts. Vani gasped as he clutched her wrist and forcefully dragged her inside the building.

A building concealed from the prying eyes of the public. Those who were aware of it never dared to glance in its direction. Rudra Singh Rathore, not merely the Chief Minister of the State, but a man who possessed it with a regal air. Every member of his family occupied high positions in various departments.

The state had only witnessed the Chief Minister from the Rathore family. The revenue generated by his leadership was commendable.

In Rajyagadh (a fictional state in India), the Rathores were revered as gods. The people wouldn't hesitate to kill or die for them.

Vani was not born in Rajyagadh; she hailed from Mumbai. Her father, a government official, was frequently transferred to different states. Rajyagadh was a destination she visited only during vacations. To her, it was just a normal city, a state functioning like any other.

"Kumar, give me the papers," Kumar hurriedly passed the paper and pen in front of him.

Rudra took it and forcibly made Vani sit on the couch.

"Here, sign it," Vani looked at the paper in front of her, her anger now reaching its peak.

She took the paper and tore it into many pieces before defiantly throwing it on his face.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing? How dare you? Who the hell-" her words were abruptly cut off when she felt a sudden sting on her cheeks, followed by the soft couch beneath her. Rudra had slapped her so hard that she went into shock for a couple of seconds.

Rudra clutched her arm and yanked her towards him.

"Battameez ladki, tumhe pata bhi hai tum kisse baat kar rahi ho, is state ka CM hoon main, raja hoon main is pure state ka, or tum mujhse hi zabaan lada rahi ho, is zabaan ko lagaam do varna kaat kar kutton ko khila dunga. Tumse pyaar karta hoon, shaadi karna chahta hoon, tumhe toh ehsaanmand hona chahiye ki maine tum par apni keemti nazar dali. Abhi chup chaap shaadi ke liye papers sign karo, warna tumhari or tumhare ghar walon ko is tarah gayab karunga ki Bhagwaan bhi nahi dhundh payenge." Vani looked at him, her self-respect hurt. The words he used on her ignited anger in her veins.

[Translation: "Ill-mannered girl, do you even realize whom you're talking to? I am the Chief Minister of this state, I am its king. Yet, you dare to argue with me in this manner. Rein in your tongue, or I'll make dogs feast on it. I love you, I want to marry you. You should be grateful that I have set my valuable gaze upon you. Now, quietly sign the marriage papers, or I'll make you and your family disappear in a way that even God won't be able to find you."]

She spat on him, her face screaming the amount of disgust and disdain for the man standing in front of her.

Kumar's whole body started trembling as he witnessed what Vani had done.

"You pedophile. You disgust me." The next moment, another sound echoed in the hallway. This time Kumar gasped.

Rudra's face was now turned in another direction.

"I wish your parents had slapped you like this, they could have really knocked some senses into you. Agli baar mere upar haath uthaya toh sochlena, mujhe bhi eent ka jawab pathar se dena aata hai" She spoke. Rudra looked at her, almost ready to break her hand, but stopped when he heard a familiar voice.

[Next time you raise your hand against me, think twice, I know how to answer back with equal force]

"Mr. Rathore, please leave our daughter." a plea echoed, and a sly smirk crept across his face.

Thanks for reading 🥰