Chapter 2.

Aryaʼs POV.

I can't believe I'm doing this, "Focus on me, Arya." It's my fourth time trying so hard to battle David in a sword fight, and I've been losing continuously. Today must not be my lucky day. "Again, Arya, focus. One swing of this sword will leave your head decapitated from your body." He points the sword at my neck

I can't feel anything. Both my body and mind are numb.

He lets out a sigh before lowering his sword down to the ground. "I can't help but think about it, Augustus. What else is out there outside the royal palace?" I asked before slumping down on the grass.

"I heard it's a whole different world out there. Commoners can wear what they like, and not this junk." He taps his white long-sleeve medieval shirt. "They are somewhat not aware that we royals still exist."

I arched one of my brows and looked at him in confusion. "They don't know us? Aren't we supposed to be their superior?" How can no one know about the royal Dukes and King?

He points at the sky, tracing the clouds with his fingertips. "I guess we are not that important anymore."

What can a commoner's life be so much happier than us royals? "Maybe we still are? They probably think we died thousands of years ago."

"And they probably only know the Windsors." I chuckled.

"Don't bring the dead into this conversation. Let the Queen Elizabeth rest."

We talked and talked about what it's like outside the palace before going back home. I hate to admit it, but I'm curious to see what people are up to without any ruler —

Presidents are known, so that may be it.

"Arya?" My father called for me before opening the door. He sits down on the vacant swivel chair in front of me. "My dear, have you thought about it?"

"I don't have a choice. I'll be leaving whether I want to or not."

My father sighs, "I honestly have no clue as well, darling. However, understand that it was your mother's wishes."

I nod, lying down on my bed again. "I still don't want to leave my mother here."

He approaches my bed and sits on my side. "I know, honey. It's hard to forget and let go. But don't be angry at your mother because she doesn't want you to study in a royal school." He starts gently caressing my hair. "There must be a reason for that, but only she knows."

I looked up at my father to see him smiling genuinely, yet it looked sad. I'm aware that it's been hard for him to lose someone he adore and loves for many years. Losing the love of his love must be devastating.

I slowly nod my head. "I'll go," I whispered. "If that's what Mother wants, I'll go." He hugs me tight.

"Don't worry, I'll send the Royal guards around."

"No need, Father. I'm a Knight princess, and I can manage."

"Why not?" He rubs the bald spot on his head.

"Because the people might freak out. I don't want to cause a scene."

He nods and stands up. "Rest well, sweetheart. You have a training to do tomorrow."

-

The morning sun shines through my eyes. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes. I look down to see my morning wood standing proudly. "Glad you're alive," I told myself.

I chuckled alone before heading to the shower. The water was cold when I stepped in. I felt myself shiver at the contact of the cold water on my skin.

We do have advanced technology here at the castle. It's 2019. Who do you think we are?

Hopefully not a caveman living under a rock.

Hot water won't help me make my little friend behave. And cold water is good for you, I think.

Before making my way out of the bathroom, I mesmerized myself through the mirror. I flexed my muscles before taking a picture of me in a towel. "This is the best thirst trap picture I've had."

Social media has influenced and inspired me to do such things. Of course, I am not as bizarre as the people posting naked pictures of them. I keep this one to myself only.

My phone also includes many features. For example, It turns my hand as a girlfriend.

Feeling satisfied with my looks, I took the most informal clothes I could find.

The ride to camp was very calming. I'm excited and sad at the same time.

It will probably be my last here.

I'll enjoy every second of it.

_•••_•••_

N/A:

I never met someone so excited about death, then there's Arya. ^

I almost forgot to publish this chapter because I was so focused on my guitar. :"(