Basketball Beginnings

As Radhika settled into her hostel room, her mind raced with thoughts of the university experience that awaited her. Meanwhile, across the campus, in the heart of the university's sports arena, another freshman was embracing his passion.

Aditya had always found solace on the basketball court. He stepped onto the familiar territory, basketball in hand, ready to dribble away his worries. The court was his sanctuary, a place where he could be himself, free from the world's judgments.

It was a crisp morning, and the sun had just begun its ascent, casting a golden hue across the basketball court. This was my sanctuary, the place where time seemed to slow, and every worry would fade into the background.

The basketball felt familiar in my hands, its texture a source of comfort. Dribbling down the court, each bounce echoed the rhythm of my heart. The court was a canvas, and the basketball was my brush. With each move, I painted a picture of my passion.

The air was alive with the sounds of sneakers screeching against the floor and the thud of the ball. The game was a symphony, and I was the conductor, orchestrating our movements and plays.

As I weaved through the defense, a surge of exhilaration coursed through me. The game was more than just a sport; it was a part of me. The court was where I felt most alive, where I could express myself without words.

My teammates and I moved in harmony, our unspoken understanding apparent in every play. We were a family bound by our love for the game. Each shot I took was a testament to the countless hours spent practicing, the late nights perfecting my technique.

Off the court, I was Aditya, the guy with a perpetual smile, always ready for a good laugh. But on the court, I became a different version of myself - focused, driven, and passionate.

As the game drew to a close, we gathered at the sidelines, chests heaving and faces flushed. The victory was sweet, but the real triumph was the joy I felt doing what I loved most.

"Adi, you were on fire today!" my friend exclaimed, clapping me on the back.

I grinned, feeling the adrenaline still coursing through my veins. "Thanks, but it's the game that's on fire in me."

Basketball was my heartbeat, the rhythm of my life, and every game was a chance to tell my story, one dribble at a time.

After returning home from the basketball game, I was met with a sight that filled me with dread. My parents, faces contorted with anger, were waiting for me. As I entered the room, my father's rage boiled over, and he rushed toward me, unleashing a barrage of blows that left me battered and bruised. Ten agonizing minutes later, he finally ceased his relentless assault. I lay on the floor, bruised and broken, my hope extinguished.

Summoning every ounce of strength, I managed to rise to my feet, fear and despair coursing through me. I implored them, my voice devoid of emotion, to tell me the reason for this brutal outburst. But my father's response was another resounding slap, leaving my cheek stinging. His anger simmered as he demanded, "Why did you enroll in that sports college?"

In a soft but determined voice, I replied, "Because I want to turn my passion for basketball into a career." My answer only fueled his fury, and he subjected me to another round of merciless blows. I was then presented with a sheet of paper, and my father's harsh orders to sign it were impossible to disobey. The document was an admission form for an engineering and medical high school, a path my father had forcefully chosen for me.

With a final, angry decree, my father stated, "You will depart for the new school the day after tomorrow. I would have sent you tomorrow, but there's a freshman event. And as for today, you won't be given any food." My mother, her eyes echoing my father's sentiments, affirmed, "Yes, no food for you tonight. Now, go to your room and study."

I trudged to my room, collapsed on the bed, and stared blankly at the ceiling. The weight of their disapproval and their insistence on a different path echoed in my mind. I couldn't fathom why my parents weren't supportive of my passion for basketball, and instead, wanted to mold me into an engineer. But I promised myself that one day, I would make them understand that my passion couldn't be extinguished by their rigid beliefs and harsh actions. With that determination, I eventually succumbed to sleep.