Chapter 6

After the... questionable training session, they only had an hour before dinner. no one even dared to hope that Alfred was gonna move dinner time.

"So" Timbers began, his hand poised at the keyboard. "What are our questions, gentlemen-" and he smirked at demonspawn. "gentlelads?"

Damian shot him a glare that normally had thugs trembling, but the tired man just let out a laugh.

Bruce only gave a slight smile and got back into Mr. Serious mode.
"How did she get her powers?
Who knows about them?
What are her powers?
Are these powers hurting her in any way?
Does she need help?" he rambled.

"OK B" Timbers said. "Slow down even if I can't type that fast. "

"Yeah B" Jason snorted. "You're going to look like you care..."

"I do care about Jason." Bruce responded; his teeth clenched.

"Sure," Jason said, looking unconvinced. "Tell that to someone who would believe that bullshit."

Bruce grinded his teeth. "You also agreed it was for her safety."

"I wouldn't have known that you were going to abandon her!" Jason fired back.

As Bruce was about to respond a note on violin floated down the drafty air of the bat cave. All heads turned to see Pixie by the wall playing the violin. She looked up and the violin poofed.

"How did you get here?" demon spawn asked. "More importantly, when did you get here?"

"Honestly," Pixie began. "doesn't matter, come on, grandpa says dinner 's ready."

With that she poofed again.

After Timbers hurried up with the printout, they all dashed in in the dining room where Pixie was helping Alfie lay out the plates. Bruce (he seriously needed some room reading skills) began. "Isabel, the paper." he awkwardly handed it out to her.

Alfred cut into the conversation. "I hope master Bruce that you will not bring such matters to the dinner table.

"Of course, not Alfred," Bruce Said.

Ha! Even the broody bat was no match for the true head of the vein patriarchy.

After that truly delicious dinner... who was he kidding Alfred's dinners are always delicious.

Bruce again placed the list in front of Pixie he was feeling a sense of deja vu seeing it was only a couple of months earlier Pixie herself placed a list in front of Bruce.

Pixie pulled the list closer. "How did I get my powers? - classified.
Who knows about them? - honestly there is no right answer for that question.
Do I have a mentor? - classified.
What are my powers? - classified.
Are they hurting me? - no... I think.
Do I need help?"

Pixie looked up. "No."

Bruce looked agitated. "YOU ANSWERED HALF THE QUESTIONS CLASSIFIED!"

"SO?" Pixie shot back.

Bruce waved his hands around in anger. "YOU NEED TO TELL US!"

"WHY?" Pixie snarked. "YOU DIDN'T THINK IT WAS IMPORTANT TO TELL ME THAT MY BROTHER CAME BACK TO LIFE, THAT YOU AND MY FATHER WERE LOST IN THE TIME STREAM, PRESUMED TO BE DEAD, THAT I HAD TWO MORE BROTHERS AND A SISTER! ACCORDING TO THAT LOGIC YOU SHOULD ACCEPT THAT I DECIDE WHAT INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO KNOW OR NOT!"

They were kind of expecting this ever since they called her asking her to come back to Gotham, they knew that she would ask how all of this happened and more importantly why they didn't tell her and there was no right answer for that question.

Bruce stuttered. "But... but..."

"But WHAT?" Pixie screamed.

"Nothing." Bruce said deflating.

"Good." Pixie said regaining her composure. "My friends are coming to visit in a couple of weeks. I can host them in Gamora's penthouse, so I'll not be here for at least four to five days."

"You can invite them here." Bruce said.

"Fine." Pixie replied suddenly looking tired. "Goodnight, everyone." With that she got up and left.

Flashback to when they called Marinette/Isabella's legal guardian Gamora in order to call her.

Dick finally looked like he had enough. He eased the phone out of Bruce's hand ad hit the call button. The call connected ad there came the voice of a 40-year-old woman.

Dick answered. "Good evening, ma'am, I am Richard Grayson-Wayne and I'm calling on behalf of my father Bruce Wayne regarding your ward Marinette Luscinia."

A melodious voice answered back.

"Good evening Mr. Wayne. I am sorry to disappoint you, but this is my work number, and I am not going to disobey work rules by answering personal questions."

"Ma'am, is there any way we can talk to Marinette?"

"May I ask the reason for this conversation?"

"Has Marinette never said anything about the Waynes?"

There was a pause.

"As I said before I would not be entertaining personal questions but I can give you her personal number."

"That is appreciated ma'am."

"She has mentioned you in the past. Her number is..."

"Thank you ma'am" Dick replied, ever the gentleman.

Dick looks up and calls the number and pushes the phone in Bruce's hand.

A young voice comes up.

"Marinette Luscinia, how may I help you?"

"Umm...it's Bruce."

"Bruce as in Bruce Hady? Thank God you answered! I want an emergency arrangement ASAP!"

Everyone in the cave exchanged questioning looks.

"Bruce, a douchebag, not you obviously. But another Bruce I know has found me and I need you to introduce me as a suspect in literally any case. Just enough that I can't leave France better yet Paris. Including through jets."

"Isa it's Bruce Wayne." he replied wincing.

"Ohh..." there was an awkward silence. "okay bye"

The silly tone of hanging up rang out in the Batcave leaving Bruce staring dumbly at the phone.