𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓷

𝐃𝐞𝐣𝐚 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧

𝑶𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

𝑶𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

𝑫𝒐𝒘𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝑷𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒂 𝑯𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒍

" Ma, I'll call you back. I just arrived at the hotel the team is staying at for the game tonight " I said looking out at the hotel as the driver pulled to a stop. Tomorrow is our anniversary , Rashad and I celebrate 6 years of marriage. He has an away game tonight in Philadelphia. He plays for the Atlanta Hawks as a Point Guard. He comes from a wealthy family, both his parents own multimillion dollar corporations. 

We got married right out of high school. I knew him since 9th grade. My parents died in a car accident when I was 10 years old. My aunt took me in and raised me and then she passed away when I was 18. Rashad's parents, brother and my sister-in law/ best friend are the closest people to me besides my husband.

Rashad is the love of my life. I couldn't ask for a more perfect husband. When we first meet it was love at first site.  I can admit this year has been the hardest. I have suffered from four miscarriages in our six-year marriage. My most recent miscarriage was two months ago. I developed depression after that. There is no greater loss than losing a child or in my case a few. I just do not understand why I cannot carry full term. I want to give my husband and I a child so bad it hurts. We just keep getting disappointed. The only upside to what I have been going through is my husband and his family.

Rashad being a basketball player and me being a registered nurse sometimes our schedules are so busy. We try and make time for each other whenever he's off season. 

" Ok, I just want you to know I love you and I'm so sorry " Ma whispered and before I could say anything else she hung up. I stared at the phone for a second confused by Ma's sudden abrupt behavior.

" Mrs. Johnson, were here. Let me get your bags and let you out " the driver said as he exited the SUV and  retrieved my bags from the trunk of the Escalade. I gathered my purse and phone exciting to see my husband.

" Thank you George, have a goodnight " I said as he opened the door and helped me out the SUV.

" Hello Ma'am , let me get those bags for you " the bellman of the hotel said walking towards me.

" Hi, no its fine , I can carry it , I only have one bag, thank you " I thanked him as i walked into the hotel. I walked to the front desk. " Hello welcome to Philadelphia Hotel " the lady at the front desk said. 

" Hi, my husband has a room here for a game tonight and I wanted to surprise him, can I get an extra key. " I asked. " Sure, let me get his name and make you an extra key ". Once I gave her his information and she made a key. I took the elevator up to the 12th floor. 

As I walked through the hallway to get to his room, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I've missed him so much. God put me on this earth to be his wife, were just perfect for each other. Marrying your best friend is a dream come true. What I loved about him most was I never had to worry about infidelity or lies. Even though he's an NBA player , he's always been faithful. He's a god fearing man and I'm so blessed to be his wife.

Once I made it to the room. I knocked first just in case he was the room and not at practice. I haven't heard from him at all today , so I figured he was busy with his teammates. The flight felt long only because I didn't get much sleep last night. I had to work overnight the night before. 

After I got no response from the knocking at the door, I used the passkey. As I closed the door, I place my bags down by the door. Walking into the room, I looked around and marveled at how beautiful it was.  I grabbed my phone and a piece silky black lingerie set.  As I walked to the closed bedroom, I heard a small voice say " Mommy , daddy wake up , I want breakfast ". 

My heart stopped, knots in my started stomach formed. I'm thinking this can't be the right room, maybe I have the wrong room. Leaning closer on the door, the next voice I heard broke my heart.  

" Baby girl, daddy has a game in a few hours. If I order you pancakes with extra syrup can you let daddy rest a bit " Rashad groaned. 

" Ok daddy " the girl voice squealed. 

" Baby daddy, what time you leaving for your game cause I need to get my nails done and drop Mia off at my mother's house " a female voice said. Tears leaked out my eyes. I tried to speak but I couldn't form any words, it feels like I've been hit by a train. How could the love of my life betray me like this. 

I was still in shock not realizing the door opened, staring at me was beautiful brownskin button nose little girl. Looking up from her with a tear stained face, I saw Rashad in bed with I'm assuming his baby mama fully clothed. The bitch was smiling like shit funny.

" Babe, I'm.. " he uttered with pain in his eyes.

"  Who are you " the little girl said. 

" Why " I whispered.

 I slid my 20k carat wedding ring off and through it at him. I ran out the room towards the elevator. Once on the first floor, I pushed through crowded lobby and out the hotel doors. Feeling the crisp fall air brush against me, I never looked back and next all I saw was black.