𝓐𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓭

𝑫𝒆𝒋𝒂 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏9, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏9, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐬𝐲𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚

" Mrs. Johnson, how are you feeling, how is the pain on a scale of 1-10 ? " the nurse asked as she checked my vitals. For the past 30 minutes, I've been awake. The doctor said I was asleep for two days. I suffered a broken leg, broken ribs, and a concussion.

" It's a 7 right now, can I get some ice water please " I said.

" Yes, the doctor said your family is waiting in the waiting area. Do you feel up to having visitors " she asked as she finished checking my IV.

" No, I'm not " I said as tears fell down the side of my cheek. I didn't wanna face any one of them especially Rashad.

" Ok sweetie I'll let them know. I'll be back in five minutes with your ice. " the nurse said. As soon as she left I whimpered in pain and heartache.

How could my god fearing husband have an affair and father a child with another woman. I thought he loved me. I thought his family loved me but, all along they just was smiling in my face.

After a few minutes , I heard a commotion from down the hallway it sounded like people arguing. The arguing got closer.

" Sir, you can't go in there. Mrs. Johnson doesn't want visitors " the nurse protested.

" She's my wife . I have to see her " he pleaded. All I wanted to do in that moment is cry and hide. For some odd reason, I didn't want him to see me like this , I feel weak and ugly.

" Babe " Rashad said as he bolted in the door. Looking at him made me sick and happy at the same time. He made me sick because of what he did but , also glad that he was here for me.

" Please leave, Rashad " I said above a whisper.

" Baby , I'm so sorry this happened to you. I love you so much . God knows I do. I never meant to hurt you" he said as tears pouring down his handsome face. He grabbed a chair and sat beside the bed. He tried to grab my hand but I moved it away.

" Don't say that. If you loved me you wouldn't have cheated. Rashad you have a little girl by this woman. Y'all were in bed together when I walked in the room, you were only in boxers " I stated

" I do love you. Kayla was in my bed because we was playing with our daughter Maya together. We had separate room. Baby, I promise I only slept with her once. " he pleaded staring into my eyes. Why is he still so handsome to me? I should hate me.

" It only takes one time, I just don't understand was I such a horrible wife that you had to have an affair and father a daughter with the hoe " I asked curiously.

" Babe, you're a perfect wife, yes we went through the tough stages dealing with the miscarriages. I should have never cheated but, I don't regret Maya " he explained.

" How long were you gonna keep up with this charade. I guess when Maya turned 18 right. I'm just boo-boo the fool. All y'all just smiling in my face supporting me when come to find out my husband has a child by someone who isn't me. " I cried.

" How could you. I hate you " I spat hoping to hurt him just like he hurt me. My heart is broken. I could barely breathe.

" Baby, I'm sorry " he pleaded.

" Please leave, Go. I don't wanna talk to you no more " I shouted.

" Deja, just talk to me. Everyone wants to see you baby their waiting in the waiting area. Deja please baby..." he said.

Before he could finish, I interrupted him.

" Leave, I don't want none of y'all here. I hate y'all. This is your fault I'm in this situation. I HATE YOU " I screamed as he tried to hug me. I beat on his chest both of us broken down to tears.