ѕιχтєєη

"okay akari, it's time to sleep now. you've been up long enough." i told her and i immediately heard whining. "nuh uh. none of that. i let you have your fun and now it's bedtime." i picked her up from the couch next to tendo and she let out wails. piercing screams and cries like she was being hurt. "akari. hey, you'll see him another time soon, okay?" i tried to calm her down and i couldn't get her to stop crying. i looked over at tendo as i silently apologized for her outburst. it usually wasn't like this when we were face timing but i guess since she had seen the man in person, it was different. "can i help?" tendo asked and i nodded. "try calming her down." i gently placed akari back into tendo's side and she curled up next to him, tears still streaming down her face but at least she wasn't screaming.

"think you can make her sleep?" i questioned."her room is down the hall and you can just put her to bed." tendo nodded and rubbed akari's back softly. "it's okay, kari." he cooed and i pouted. it was a sweet scene to watch. i walked to the kitchen to clean up since we had dinner together.

"she can cut things?" tendo was shocked at the small plastic knife that i had taught akari to use. she was using it to cut up the cucumbers for the salad that was apart of dinner tonight. i made sure that whenever i made dinner that akari was apart of the process. it was fun and i was able to create memories that way. "oh course," i smiled. "can you help her put what she has chopped in the bowl?" tendo nodded and help akari with her task while i continued to make the taco meat. we were having tacos and salad. one of my favorite things to make and eat. "mommy, look!" i looked up from the pan to see her holding two triangles of chopped cucumbers up to her eyes. "oooo, what are you?" i asked playfully. "uhhhh." she thought for a while and soon gave up. "i don't know."she shrugged and put the cucumbers in the bowl.

i shook my head at her and turned the stovetop off. "alright, we're almost done." i announced and tendo put his nose in the air to smell the meat. "mmm you're a good cook." he complimented and i smiled. "yeah, i know. i cooked for you all the time remember?" i raised an eyebrow and he rolled his eyes. "yes yes, how could i forget." he tickled my sides and i swatted him off. "i have choice words for you but i will refrain from saying them." i pursed my lips and tendo stuck his tongue out at me. "fucker..." i mumbled, low enough for akari not to hear. she was still busy trying to cut the last of the half tomato tendo gave up on. "oop. looks like some bad words." he pulled up behind me again and whispered in my ear.

i elbowed him softly and turned around to get the toppings from the fridge. "go make yourself useful and set the table and take akari with you." i rolled my eyes and soon the two were out of the kitchen.

i cleaned the kitchen while akari sat out there with her dad. my heart swelled with content and warmth as they hung with each other. they were carbon copies of each other. after putting the last pot in the fridge, i poured myself a glass of wine and walked back to the living room. "she sleep?"  i whispered. it took me a fairly long time to clean the kitchen. especially the floor since akari was a messy eater at times.

tendo looked at me as i rounded the corner of the couch and i saw akari slumped on his lap. "aww, so cute. hold on. lemme get a picture." i quckly grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of the two. "i'll send it to you." i winked and tendo smiled, nodding. "where is her room again?" tendo picked akari up in his arms and she didn't even move or flinch. i wish i could do that with that result. "down the hall, the first room on the right." i directed and he nodded, walking passed me with akari sleep in his arms. i snapped another picture without him looking and smirked before sitting down and sipping my wine. he was only gone for a few moments before he was back.

"she's the cutest thing in the world. we made that? holy shit." tendo breathed out as he sat back down on the couch. i could tell he couldn't believe it was real still. "are you okay?" i asked and he nodded, looking over at me. "just...can't believe it. she's so sweet and has so much personality. even when she's screaming her lungs out." tendo joked and i rolled my eyes. "oh you haven't seen the worst of it. that was mild compared to the time i told her no after she looked at a $100 barbie house. i still don't like going into that walmart. "