I Would Never | 1

I hear the damn alarm go off.
I just close my eyes, hoping it will make the sound go away. But it doesn't.

I take one big breath before turning to the table bed at my left and picking my phone up to turn of that disgusting sound.

"5 AM, great"
I turn to my left to reach the two light switches beside my bed and turn the lights on.

I sat on my bed looking arround my room.
It was a big room, maybe more than I ever needed it to be, but my father was always an extra person. It had a door that lead to my closet just beside the bathroom. Beside the bed there was the balcony, the TV and my desk, just beside the punching bag that hung form the ceiling.

I had jut gotten out of the bath when I started to put on the familiar black stretchy suit I have been using since I can remember.

It is a really stretchy and comfy Grey suit with some lining on a darker tone of gray, and in a deep turquoise that matches my eyes, with a Little bag-like in mi waist on the same color. 

Although I'm getting g tired of using this practically every single day, I do gotta admit it's comfortable as hell and also very resistant in case of a though opponent.

Once I was done zipping the suit, I heard a spill of water inside the bathroom followed by some knocks inside of it.

"It's open Liam, you already know that"
The door opened and Liam walked in my bedroom. The tall 22 year old was already on his black and green suit, just like his hair.

"I know, I know, it's open, I just guessed you'd appreciate some privacy, so I knocked"
"Oh, so coming out of my sink is respecting my privacy, but not knocking Is not?"
"What can I say? I'm a man of manners"
"I swear, Liam one day I'm cutting of the water of the bath and sink, and you'll be forced to come out of the toilet.

"relax Al, im just checking on you. Ready for training now?"
"Yup, just give me a minute and we'll get going"

Liam and I were making our way to the simulator just like every day (except for when we have a mission) We've been best friends for 8 years now, when he was recluted by Orrin after his parents (ex-vigilantes) were killed by the authorities.

We've been inseparable ever since, he's like the brother I never had, makes me fell less... lonely in spectre.

We were almost there when a group of girls and boys about 15 years old walked by us, with an administration agent leading their way.

"Hm" Liam hummed interested "must be new Recruits"
"Probably. That or new lab rats for those pig-faced Scientists" I said on a lower voice
"Or that" he answered

Liam, Candice and I were training on the simulator for arround 5 hours. After we cleaned ourselves a bit up, it was time for the veredict:
"Computer, tell us the target number for agents 027, 023 and 008" Candice said.

Short after the robotic woman voice started to awnser "agent 156: 68 targets eliminated; agent: 103: 91 targets eliminated; agent 008: 127 targets eliminated"

"DAMN IT, thought I got it this time"
"Oh Wah Wah, you know Grant always wins Liam, stop whining"
"What can I say? I'm just better than you Liam" I had a smug look plastered on my face.
"Fuck you"

Candice had to take care of some things with Mirando on the south HQ so now it was just me and Liam.

"You up for some boba?" He proposed
"You bet water-Boy"

We were now sitting on a park bench, I had a Taro frappe with extra boba on my hand and Liam a matcha one on his.

We were chatting about the best boba flavor when the pager started beeping, signaling our order was ready. I stand up but Liam stopped me "don't worry Ally I'll go" "you better not take a bite out of my sandwich"

When Liam came back I was lost in thought, so he snapped me out of it
"Someone ordered a Serrano sandwich without pickles and onion?
"Hey that's mine" i said happily

I started taking a bite when he asked me something "what where you thinking of? I saw you, you know?"

"Oh" I swallowed my sandwich
"Nothing, just about those kids we saw on the way to the simulator"
"Kids? They're almost your age you know?"
"Yeah but, what if they were on to test the new amplifiers of some other twisted thing? They don't know what they're getting themselves into, they just want to be stronger so they can fit better into this twisted world where you're no one without a strong ability; I mean it's just sad that we're lowkey forgetting the whole purpose of spectre..."

He stayed quiet, I think he may had gotten uncomfortable with what I said. "Sorry, I, uhm, got carried away"
"No, no, it's ok"

There was an ankward silence between us so I decided to speak up
"So, how's the conversion going?"
"Good, I mean, it's not as painful as before, and the new ability is great, the guy was strong, sad he had to die honestly"
"Like that invisible kid, what was his name?"
"Uhm Terrence I think, I don't remember well."
I let out a small chuckle "What do you mean, you killed him how do you not rememb- forget about it"
"That kid- Terrence sorry, did you...? you know"
"Yeah, I did, I mean it's not a pretty process, you know, the whole corpse thing and all. But at least his talent will still be useful"

Liam looked at me sternly
"If one day I die... or get killed, would yo-"
"Never" I cut him mid sentence "I couldn't"
"Ok, alright. good to know"