New Recruits | 2

I was on my room, sports bra and shorts on, going at my punching bag when I heard a very familiar "beep" coming for my phone; I stoped and grabbed it to see a message from Liam that read: "Orrin's office ASAP code 66"

"Well, looks like we're going on a mission tonight. Good, I was staring to get bored" I said out loud.

I quickly put on my suit and grabbed my mask from underneath my bed before I started heading towards Orrin's office.

Once I arrived they were already waiting for me, Orrin, as always in his familiar blue suit and black tie.

"Phantom, you're late, mind explaining why?"
"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again" I said, not being really sorry
"So what are Liam and I needed for tonight?" I asked him
"We are getting some new targets tonight, they're ready to join us"
"Where from?" Liam asked
"Arwin's three top tiers" Orrin answered as he stood up from his chair
"Melvin, Rein and Ohren I'm guessing"
"How do you know them?"
"I now my way through the high rankers on the city"

Orrin spoke up, interrupting our small talk
"Let's get going shall we? We don't want to make them wait"
"Who's taking us there" I was curious
"You obviously, that's why we have you Al"
I was about to speak up against that idea when Orrin said otherwise
"Not today 23, Apolo should be here any minute"

Just when he finished his sentence, Apolo appeared on the room. His mid-length wine colored haired was tied in a pony tail and his tall and really slim figure was staring at us from the other side of the room. Apolo is a strong Teleporter, one of the most powerful I've ever seen, his 6.0 ability easily placed him on the top 3 list.

Apolo got behind us, and before I knew it we were already on a spiraling kind of portal.

We appeared in what seemed to be a building, a tall one, it was arround 11 pm so there wasn't much lightning arround the construction.

Then, 3 spectre agents, dressed as civilians brought us two guys and a girl, each with a bag on their head, kneeling the tied high rankers before Orrin's figure.

I just stayed behind him, as usual. Orrin did not like to use me much on missions, he considered me some kind of "secret weapon" so I was just there as backup. However, Liam stood behind the three figures as the agents left.

Orrin nodded, signaling Liam to take of the bags off their heads.

Once they could see, they started looking arround, with a confused but angry expression.

"Good evening, lady and gentlemen!" Orrin finally spoke up

"I'm sure you're wondering why you were brought here. You three are amongst the strongest ability users in the area... but several days ago, you may have noticed your power suddenly stopped working-"

"BASTARD! WERE YOU THE ONE WHO DID THIS?!" He was interrupted by the blue-haired guy

Huh, so they've been injected with the ability dampener, I should have guessed that beforehand.

"Do not worry. I'm here to offer the cure... under some conditions, of course-"

"YEAH, RIGHT! GIVE ME MY ABILITY BACK... OR I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

This guy was starting to get on my nerves, and I could in Orrin's as well, as he took a moment before awnsering. He needs to learn how to listen, otherwise he's gonna be the one to get killed...

"Ah, how rude of me... I should've made sure you were comfortable before this discussion. 23, would you please untie them?"

That damned old man, I know what he's trying to do, he's making sure they understand the power of his ability, he's making sure they fear him.