"𝐈𝐬 𝐇𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐞 ?"

There's no place for me to stand and sing at , really. Back in New York, I sung on the subway cause it was so busy but Detroit isn't like that and I don't wanna sing on a bus. That shit would be embarrassing.

I have no other choice but to go to the bus stop and hope for the best so I walk to the there hoping that there are generous people that will give me money.

I stood there and started singing "saving all my love for you" by Whitney Houston. I'm aware that doing this definitely won't even get me up to $100 but it's the best thing I can think of right now until I find a real job.

Some people walked by and ignored me while some of them gave me money which I was grateful for because doing this is embarrassing.

I stayed at the bus stop and song for about 2 hours. I thought if I stayed and did this for a little while then maybe I could get payed more. I mean , it was kinda worth it. I ended up with atleast fifty dollars. Not much but it's a start. I started walking back home and it was dark by the time I got back. I'll try again tomorrow and maybe tomorrow will be better.

I would've went to done the adult thing and went to go look for a job... if I wasn't enjoying singing at the bus stop so much.

I know I started doing this so I can earn money but honestly , this is why I started singing in the first place. Because I love it so much. It brings me peace, it brings me joy and it makes me forget the fact that I'm literally financially struggling right now.

As I continued to sing, I noticed some guy standing and watching me. It wasn't like a stare where it screamed "I'm a creep" but still, it made me uncomfortable how long and hard he was staring at me.

I got finished singing and decided to count what I made today.

"Still in the fifty's" I mumbled. I don't think it'll go up more if I stay in the same spot for multiple hours now that I think about it. Maybe I can sell some of my mixtapes too.

"Excuse me" I looked up to see the same guy that was staring at me earlier.

"Yes ? Who are you ?" I asked him, backing up a little bit considering he made me nervous earlier.

"Oh, I'm Joseph Adams and I work for a record label." He held out his hand to shake and I took it. So this man works for a record label ? Is he fucking with me ?

"I couldn't help but notice you have such a beautiful voice. I was wondering if you have like a CD or tape that I could have ?" He asked.

"Yeah, Of course!" I reached in my bad and pulled out the CD that I had worked on and gave it to him. I didn't know that I'd be giving it to someone from a record label..

"Great! I'll take this with me and have the others to listen to it. I know they'll enjoy it. What was your name ?"

"Deja Bennett"

"And do you have a home number that I can call you from ?" He asked. "Yeah" I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from my bag and wrote my home number down on it and gave it to him.

"Well, it was nice hearing you sing Deja. I'm looking forward to working with you." He told me and walked away.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I'm not. I'm gonna wait until something actually happens but I can just feel it. I'm one step closer to my dreams. I hope this man is serious because if he is then that means I might need to work on more music.

I got home that night and seen my parents on the sofa watching TV.

"Welcome home !" My mom yelled from the living as I walked to the kitchen to get something to eat. I walked back out to where they were. "Hey, I gotta tell yall something." I couldn't contain my excitement. "What is it ?" , my dad asked.

"So, today I was at the bus stop singing for money and um..." I had to stop to process what I was about to tell them cause I still couldn't believe it.

"Ain't nobody do nothing to you , right ??" My dad sat up. "No daddy, it's nothing like that" I calmed him down. "So , today someone from a record label came up to me and asked me for my CD to listen to my music !"

"Are you forreal Deja ???" Mom stood up excitedly and I stood up with her. "Yeah ! I was just as shocked as you , but I don't wanna get my hopes up just in case nothing happens , you know ?"

"No , I totally understand but when you do get that call back just know that we are so proud of you." Momma told me. "Congratulations baby. I'm so happy for you." My dad stood up to hug me. I was so happy that all my hard work is finally gonna pay off but like I said before, I won't officially get excited until I know for sure something's gonna happen.

After I got done talking to my parents I kissed both of them goodnight and went into my room to go to bed. Tomorrow I'll go back to bus stop to sing for more money and hopefully that man gets in touch with me.

Hey y'all , I'm back. And don't cuss me out chile. 🙄 I promise to yall this chapter was supposed to been out but I ended up having to look alotta shit up for this chapter and I wanted to make sure it was all right before I release it.

Idk how tf record labels work so don't come for me 😭 and there are a lot of things that will be changed up (for example, destiny child's first album will be made as a solo album for the sake of the story so there will only be one person singing it)

But anyways, I'll see yall in the next one. 💕