Chapter One

Chapter One

Kiera walked out of Stark Tech with her father and brothers, smiling slightly at seeing the familiar black truck with the Yellowstone brand on the side of it.

"So, are you sticking with me until Saturday to make sure I come with you or are y'all going to hit the road to make sure that the ranch is still standing?" Lee smirked at his little sister, throwing an arm around her as they continued walking towards the truck.

"Well, little sister, I don't know if you've noticed, but I certainly haven't had a vacation in so many years that I can't even count that high. I'm sticking to you like glue."

Kiera ducks her head to hide her return smile, but Lee still saw remnants of it when she raised her head once again to focus on Kayce who was walking on her other side. Jamie and their dad were leading their pack while Rip brought up the rear.

"Where are y'all staying?" Kiera asked curiously but before they could respond to that, Kiera turned her head at the sound of someone calling for her.

"Miss Stark! Miss Stark!" Kiera couldn't help but to groan at the sight of a couple reporters racing towards her. With a sigh, she stepped away from the almost protective huddle of her family and stepped to meet with the reporter.

"Yes, how may I help you?" Kiera asked politely as the two reporters came to a stop in front of her. They were only a few steps away from the truck so her brothers and father leaned against it waiting for her to rejoin them or to see if they would have to come rescue her.

"I was wondering if you would be able to answer a few questions about the expansion of Stark Tech? And confirm if the rumors are true about an energy source?" The female reporter asked as her partner held his camera and watched on.

Kiera couldn't hide her smile. She loved it when reporters had genuine, actual questions as opposed to the same ones being asked repeatedly.

"Of course, I would. In fact, why don't you go on in and have Layla, the woman at the front desk, schedule you for an interview tomorrow morning."

Both of their eyes lit up with excitement at the thought of being able to have an actual long interview with one of the most powerful women in the world, instead of just one or two questions answered in the street.

"We will do that, thank you very much Miss Stark! We will see you tomorrow!" The two rushed to inside of the building as Kiera returned her attention onto her family.

"Let's get going before the vultures' sense that I'm leaving work early today." They couldn't help their small grins at her words.

"Where to?" John asked as he climbed into the driver's seat, Kiera getting into the middle front seat, with Lee next to her and the other three in the back with Kayce sitting in the middle of them.

"Well, no point in you all staying in a hotel when I have more than enough room for all of us at my house... if you are all staying until Saturday, that is."

"Kiera, I don't think any of us are going to be letting you out of our sights for a while," Kayce quipped. John followed Kiera's directions through Malibu and into the countryside, towards the direction of the ocean.

Finally, they came turned onto a smooth paved road that led to a gate, a fence stretched out on either side as far as they could see, tall trees peeking over the high walls. Kiera pulled out her phone, Lee and John looking to see what she was doing and couldn't help the slight widening of their eyes to see what looked like a piece of small glass but was obviously some type of cell phone judging by the icons that popped up when she touched it. With a click or two on her phone, the gates opened and admitted them.